Chapter 20: Wedding Planning

Ava's P.O.V :

"Fiancee!", I hear stuttered behind me and then shuffling and the door closes. Carlos knows me too well and obviously the schmuck standing in front of me caressing my cheek doesn't.

As soon as I'm sure we're all alone I swipe his hand away. I'm glaring at him as I warn, "Never ever take me for a fool Bradley Constine. I will never put up with all this." I say as I sweep my hands across the over indulgence of luxury.

"You want a screw be discreet. Don't touch or poach my girls, be innovative find your own sources. I didn't want the heir to the Constine's being ridiculed in front of everyone but next time I will not offer such a pardon."

"Such a pardon, you've got to be kidding me! Ava I was just trying to discover who Regina is and seek out compensation for all my losses.
Since it's you I'm sure you have your reasons and I'm willing to hear them out. Other then that I don't need a screw or any kind of sexual gratification.
If you hadn't noticed I'm about to marry the hottest woman to walk the earth, I'll be getting everything I need and want right at home." he says and winks with his signature smirk.

"Hahaha really you think you'll be sexually gratified at home. Jokes on you buddy, why do you think I've put in a clause to stay at the mansion." I manage to chirp out sweetly.

"We'll see just how far that plan of  yours takes you, Mio Caro" he challenges.

Just then his phone rings and he's answered it in a flash. "Yes Gramps, yes she's here with me. No not staying over here. We're just heading back now. No that's fine, no need to wait up for us. Grazie Gramps stai attento, ti amo." he says the last bit turning around and looking right at me. Then turns back around as he hangs up.

I'm too stunned to look away. The softness of his gaze as his gaze meet mine. The warmth those words spread through my stilled heart. No no no Ava get a grip he's just telling Gramps to stay safe and he loves him. Stop being a fool.

Haven't you suffered enough at the hands of this egotistical jerk. He was just flexing his pecs for Sharon not even that long ago. I've got to get a grip on myself. As I'm reminding myself repeatedly. He's snuck up on me again.

"Shall we il mio splendido fidanzato?" he wriggles his eyebrows making me giggle in response. "My splendid fiance, wow you're really pulling out the big guns." I smirk with raised eyebrows.

"So don't take this the wrong way or anything but as beautiful as you look right now do you well have any other outfits?" he said rubbing the back of his neck with a slight blush.

I burst out laughing, enjoying his discomfort as I realise I'm still in the staff uniform. We discreetly make our way to the room Carlos and I had used changing back into my engagement outfit as Bradley freshens up as well.

We then head to the hotel foyer and are immediately flooded by requests for selfies. We oblige some and make it to Bradley's car before he drives out into the night.

Bradley's P.O.V:

I just love rieling this woman up. She hasn't changed at all in some aspects. I'm sneaking a peek at her as she's resting her head on the headrest with her eyes closed. This gorgeous woman who has always had my heart.

"Pay attention to the road Bradley, I'm not going to hospital again tonight." I just smirk at her comment never one to miss anything. "Your wish is my command bell'angelo." I reply with a smile. She rolls her eyes to this, "beautiful angel,  really Bradley, are you studying cheesy for dummies?"

"I don't have to study anything Mio Cara, this is all natural." This earns me another eye roll. "You know your eyes could get stuck like that if you're not careful Bella."

"Would that stop you from pursuing me?" her full attention on me as she asks. "I'm not that superficial mi amor, what do you take your fiance for huh?" I wiggle my eyebrows at her. "Hahaha, somewhat of a clown." she replies shaking her head and wiping the tears at the corners of her doe like eyes.

With that we've arrived home. Only to find all the lights out. We look at each other and a glance is enough. I nod to the glove compartment and Ava extracts the guns I keep stowed away. I park at the back and we sneak into the back gardens, only to hear shots being fired inside.