Chapter 6

Chapter 6

As much as Lauren tried to keep her cool, she had to unleash this new anger she had towards that blonde headed bitch (Y/N) called her girlfriend.

However, Camila was out of town for a family emergency, Dinah picked up a few more shifts at her waitressing job, Ally was babysitting for her neighbors, and Mani was looking for a job. The next best thing was (Y/N)'s friends. So, she met up with Reggie and Beto.

"And then she said, 'stay away from my property'." Lauren finished and sat back onto the booth. The boys invited her out for a burger at the nearest McDonald's.

"No!" Beto gasped.

"Yes!" Lauren retorted. "But I can't tell (Y/N) anything or else that . . . giant, blonde bimbo is going to ruin our friendship,"

"No!"

"Yes!"

Reggie had been sitting and silently listening to every detail Lauren said. He leaned his elbows on the table and coughed into his fist. "Okay, so you're saying that Gwen is an asshole?"

"Yes!" Lauren exclaimed. "And you guys have to tell her."

Reggie shook his head, "Can't do that, Jauregui." He drank his soda and left Lauren and Beto stare at him in disbelief.

"Why?" Beto asked. "She is our friend."

"Yeah, Reggie, what the hell?" Lauren glared.

"Look, you guys haven't known (Y/N) as long as I have." Reggie started. "If we start telling her shit about her girlfriend, she's not going to believe us. Especially if we tell her to dump Gwen."

"So you're just going to let (Y/N) get hurt?" Lauren asked.

"No," Reggie shook his head, "if you're telling the truth, then you need the receipts. That's pretty much the only way (Y/N) will believe you."

"How the hell am I supposed to do that?" Lauren sighed as she sunk in her seat.

Reggie rolled his eyes and put his opened hand on top of the table between he and Lauren, palm facing upward. "Give me your phone." He said. By the tone of his voice, the Cuban knew there was no space for argument so she handed over her unlocked phone.

She watched as Reggie tapped on the screen a few times, stopped and waited a few minutes, before handing it back.

"There," he said when Lauren picked it up, "now you have a recording app. Go get your evidence."

Lauren widened her eyes and stared at the boy in front of her. Ever since she's heard about Reginald Hines at school, she pictured him as a guy who dragged trouble right behind him, everywhere he went. He stole some kid's bike when he was eight years old, he smashed a kid's nose with a single punch in the eighth grade (for no apparent reason, Lauren might add), and he's beaten up tons of guys through his years (with Parker's help). Lauren avoided him like the plague because everyone said he was an asshole, and she couldn't – for the life of her – figure out how he was (Y/N)'s best friend.

If it was Parker, she could completely understand because at least he seemed friendly enough. But when Reggie looked like he was ready to jump up and search for blood when Lauren told the boys about Gwen, she started to see the connection.

"Go!" Reggie exclaimed loud enough to snap Lauren out of her thoughts.

"Right, thanks." She said before sliding out of the booth. Before leaving, she turned to the boys again. "Do you guys know where I can find Gwen right now?"

Reggie shrugged, being no help. Beto, on the other hand, nodded excitedly – as if he was a child that knew a secret.

"(Y/N) told me she and Gwen were going to the university today." He said.

Lauren quirked an eyebrow. "Why would they go there?"

Beto shrugged, "(Y/N) is looking for a job, and Gwen is helping her."

-

Getting through campus security was easier to plan than to execute. Eventually, Lauren convinced the guards that she was a part of a campus tour that was taking place that day. She then slipped away and walked into the campus library. Beto explained that Gwen supposedly worked there as a clerk in the front desk.

But one thing he didn't mention was if the blonde was working today . . . Fucking Beto.

"Can I help you?" A familiar, bitchy voice called from Lauren's right and she was greeted with the unpleasant sight of the blonde.

Gwen was currently loading heavy looking books onto a cart while staring Lauren down.

"What the fuck do you want, Lauren?" Gwen asked as she pushed the cart from behind the wooden desk.

Lauren, with adrenaline rushing through her veins, straightened her posture and walked toward the older girl. "Look, I'm just here to tell you that I'm not going to stop being friends with (Y/N)."

Gwen hummed, as if she was too busy in thought as she pushed the cart into the nearest aisle of books. She looked oddly relaxed and unbothered by the brunette's declaration. Lauren followed behind her but made sure to keep a safe distance between her and the bitch. She also made sure her phone was on and recording.

"Why's that?" Gwen asked as she stuffed a textbook onto a tight spaced shelf.

"She's my friend," Lauren answered with a voice of steel. "And it wouldn't be friendly of me if I let her get hurt."

"Why would she get hurt?" Gwen stopped to recount the books and Lauren nearly bumped into her.

The brunette in question only stared on in disbelief. Was she serious right now? It's like Gwen is trying to seem dumb.

"You know why." Lauren said.

"I actually don't," Gwen continued to walk. "You can't just show up to my work place and start talking nonsense, Lauren. Kind of bullshit." She threw a smirk at Lauren. It's as if Gwen knew what the teen was trying to do.

Rolling her eyes, Lauren continued to follow Gwen around the library until she ran around the blonde and jerked the cart to a stop. They had a long staring contest where both of them were daring the other to speak first.

"Move."

"No," Lauren stared on. "(Y/N) is my friend, and I can't stand by and let some blonde bimbo take advantage of her."

Gwen scoffed and shook her head. "Why the hell do you care? She's my girlfriend, and as far as I can tell, she's perfectly fine with me."

"Because you don't seem to like her very much!" Lauren yelled. Had there been anyone else inside the library, the two girls definitely would have turned some heads. "Besides physical attraction, do you really like (Y/N)?"

Gwen scoffed and yanked the cart out of Lauren's grasp all while giving the younger teen a death glare. "Who the hell are you to question my relationship?"

"I'm just trying to look out for a friend."

"Really? Because you seem pretty obsessive." Gwen said through gritted teeth.

"Look I . . ."

"Gwen!" (Y/N) called just a few shelves down. She smiled when she saw Gwen's familiar blonde hair but she stopped for a bit when she saw Lauren. "Oh hey Lauren. What are you doing here?"

"I was just . . ."

"She was just asking about college admissions." Gwen smiled (Y/N) as she pulled the shorter girl in for a kiss. "And she was leaving."

Lauren's heart sank as she nodded. "Yeah, I . . . need to go. Thanks, Gwen."

(Y/N) frowned a bit. "Oh, do you need a ride home?"

"No, it's okay. My mom is waiting for me outside." That was a lie. She took the last buss to the university, but she would rather call Dinah than sit through an entire hour and a half ride with you.

"Ok, see you around?" (Y/N) asked.

"Yeah, see you at school." Lauren left with her heart in her throat and with tears threatening to spill.