Chapter 8

A/N: There's a surprise in this chapter 👀

You handed the brunette your laptop and told her pick something on Netflix as you left to wash your face and change. When you were changing in the bathroom, your mind kept going back to Gwen. Even though she was a bitch and you dodged a bullet by not sleeping with her, you still felt your heart in your stomach. How could she have done that and still had the courage to face you after she did it? How could such a shitty person do that?

You felt another tear slide down your cheek but you furiously wiped it away. If she didn't give a shit about your feelings, why should you even cry over her? You brushed your teeth and took a couple of deep breaths before going out.

When you came back with a fresh pair of short shorts, a clean t-shirt and clean face, Lauren had already settled on the edge of your bed with an episode of Friends playing on your laptop.

"You know," You jumped on the bed, making the other teen bounce, and settled on your pillows. "I've never seen a single episode of Friends."

"You what?!" She whipped around so fast that you didn't know if she cracked it in the process.

"Never seen a single episode," you shrugged.

"Well," Lauren smirked and slid the laptop over to you before joining you further up your bed. "Would you like to watch it with me?"

"Sure," You smiled.

After a few episodes and plenty of laughs, you found yourself snuggled up to Lauren's shoulder with her head resting on top of yours.

"Y'know, even though I haven't seen this show until now, I do know that plenty of people wanted Ross and Rachel to be together sooner." You observed as there was a slow scene playing.

"Well yeah, because they obviously belong together." Lauren responded. "What pisses me off is that Rachel is so blind to Ross's feelings. He obviously loves her!"

You shrugged, "Maybe Rachel wasn't ready to be loved? Maybe she had to experience heartbreak before giving him a chance?"

"I still think they should've hooked up earlier. I mean, if he's right there, why can't she just go for it?"

"Why didn't Ross grow a pair and told her his feelings?"

"He's awkward! How the hell could that have worked?" Lauren exclaimed, clearly speaking with compassion for the fictional character.

"Well, maybe it could've worked on Rachel? Women like confidence and for someone to go up to them and say, 'hey, I like you, let's give this try'." You said, clearly taking Rachel's side.

"Ross is a gentleman! He couldn't do that!" She got up from her position, shrugging you off, and looked at you. You felt something light up in your stomach.

"Well, Rachel is a lady," You sat up, too. "Who had a lot of shit going on, too, so she would've been oblivious if he didn't make the first move."

"It's kind of hard not to notice someone being in love you!" Lauren's eyes hardened, and pulled you in for an argument.

"How is she supposed to know if he never confessed?!"

"He was nervous to tell her!"

"He should've manned up!"

"Maybe Rachel was the one who had to pull her head out of her own ass to notice that Ross was completely in love with her?!"

At that, you snapped out of your stare down and noticed how close you two were. Your noses were touching and you feel Lauren's breath hitting your face.