Chapter 9

"Good morning, family!" Lauren sang as she trotted down the stairs of her own house. Earlier, she and you woke up around dawn and you helped her sneak out of your house without waking anyone else.

Today, Lauren felt like she was walking in the clouds. She felt like she could conquer the world with the amount of energy and happiness she was feeling. She grinned at her mother as she walked into the kitchen and gave the older woman a kiss on the cheek. Taylor and Chris stared at their older sister as if she grew a second head, mean while their father smiled at the wonderful attitude Lauren developed.

"Good morning," Clara smiled as she finished making breakfast for the family. "You seem happier than usual."

"Yeah, it's pretty weird," Chris commented as he continued to stare the older Jauregui.

"I can't be happy on this beautiful day?" Lauren chuckled as she sat across from her brother.

"You can, but don't be weird about it." Taylor furrowed her eyebrows.

Lauren shrugged as her mother served her breakfast. "What? A girl can't be happy that she got herself a new girlfriend?" She grinned as she reached for some juice.

"Oh, who's the lucky lady?" Her father asked with a smile.

"(Y/N), dad!" Lauren was still smiling while her younger siblings couldn't believe their ears.

"You're lying!" Chris exclaimed.

"Nope," The oldest Jauregui popped the 'p' as she began to eat.

"Doesn't (Y/N) already have a girlfriend? Who's in college?" Taylor asked.

"Not anymore," Lauren smirked. "They broke up, I was there for (Y/N) as her shoulder to cry on, and now she's with me."

"I think that's wonderful, Lauren!" Her mother smiled. "I know much you liked her. So, how did this happen? Did you two talk about your feelings?"

"Oh yeah, we talked about lots of things." Lauren was referring to the sweet names and praises she told (Y/N) last night, but that was her little secret.

"Like?" Her mother egged.

"Oh you know, we talked about how her ex-girlfriend was trash and such, then I told her how beautiful she was," She smiled to herself as memories of last night came rushing back, "and . . . we spent hours just holding each other." And by holding each other she meant fucking, but her family didn't need to know that, either.

"Wait a minute," Chris said with an eyebrow raised. "She just broke up with her girlfriend? Like last night?"

"That's what I said, Chris," Lauren nodded.

Chris chuckled dryly as he shook his head. "Oh god, no." He pinched the bridge of his nose. "Lauren, you're the rebound."

"Thank god someone said it." Taylor mumbled under her breath.

"What?" Lauren snickered. "No. I'm not the rebound. I'm never the rebound. I'm usually the reason other girls need a rebound! Not the other way around."

"Well, in this case you are," Chris laughed. "No one jumps into a new relationship after they just got out of one! It's like human nature! Everyone needs time to heal."

"Yeah, well this is different!" Lauren said as she finished her breakfast. "Her last girlfriend was a piece of . . . "

Her mother was glaring at her, practically daring the teen to cuss in front of her.

"A piece of garbage," Lauren finished.

"Whatever you need to tell yourself." Taylor chuckled.