CHAPTER ONE

aaronfarrelly16 PhantomWriter17

She is running for her life. She is hoping to get away from the creature and get help for the other survivors. She kept running as fast as she could. She really hopes this madness will end. The girl's name is unknown. We don't know anything about her. We just know that she was in the forest for five days. She managed to outlive her friends. She watched them all die.. horribly. She is afraid she is next on the creature's list. She doesn't know what the thing chasing her is. She has never seen anything like it before in her life. She just knows that it will smell you and hear you. She tried her best to be quiet and covered herself in mud to keep the creature from smelling her scent.

The girl finally stopped and hid behind a tree. The creature is looking for her. Its head is bulging. Like its brain was about to explode into pieces. Its eyes were black and smaller than its head. Its ears and nose are similar to the eyes. Its teeth are razor sharp. It had no lips. Its rib cage was practically popping out of its chest. Its arms and hands were skinnier than its legs. The legs were long and thick. Its feet were swollen. They were so long that it could be a giant's foot. Its fingernails and toenails were long like claws. The creature tried it's best to smell the girl's scent but to no avail. The creature ran off in the other direction.

The girl finally comes out from behind the tree and begins to run for her life. She almost makes it to freedom but trips over a branch. The creature growls and that is when the girl knows she should fear for her life. All hope is lost. The girl will be dead soon. The creature will tear her apart into pieces. The creature then drags her into the darkness. The girl is dead.

The Next Day

Nina Hutchison looks out of the car window into the beautiful sky. She felt the warm sun on her skin. She felt the cool breeze blowing onto her face and breathes in the fresh air.

"How far are we?" Nina asked.

Nina is a freshman in college. She enjoyed hiking and jogging. She was on her college's track team until she started smoking pot and hanging with the wrong crowd. That's when she went to rehab to get some help. To get better.

"We're almost there babe. I promise, you are going to love this day," Levi replied.

Levi is Nina's boyfriend. They have been together since freshman year of high school. Levi is Nina's biggest supporter. She doesn't know what she will do without him. He is the one that convinced her to go to rehab to get help. He was so calm with her that day. Her parents didn't care that she was on drugs because they were on drugs themselves. Levi cared. Levi cared for her well being. She is lucky to have him in her life because she had no one else. He loves football and staying fit but he loves Nina more than anything. His parents wants him to become a doctor but Levi wants to join the NFL.

"Ugh. I hate anything that has to deal with outdoor activity. Why can't we just go to the mall?" Kennedy Walton spoke.

Kennedy is a senior in college. Kennedy is into shopping more than hiking. Don't get her wrong she loves to stay fit but only if it's for looking good in a dress or a swimsuit. Kennedy wants to be a model. Looking good is something she is best at doing.

"I agree with Kennedy. We should definitely go shopping." Brooklyn Mack replied.

Brooklyn is a junior in college. Brooklyn is similar to Kennedy, except Brooklyn wants to be a hairdresser. She doesn't want to be a model even if she has the looks for the part. She was contemplating whether she should be a hairdresser or an actress but she chose a hairdresser because she is really good at doing hair. Sure, she could follow in her best friend's footsteps but she didn't want to be a copycat.