CHAPTER SIX

Billie and Violet are walking inside the forest, wanting to spend some time alone. Violet is mourning Leo's death. "Listen, I'm not gonna tell you it gets better but I'm here for you," Billie tells her sister, Violet. Violet looks on into the forest, walking slowly. Billie knows it's something more than Leo's death. She's hiding something. "What is it, Vi?"

"I slept with him."

Billie was confused until she realized who she was talking about. She meant Billie's boyfriend. Billie is furious beyond this point. Billie walks closer to Violet. "It was before you two met. We were really close but he ended it when he met you," Billie pushes Violet off of the cliff and into the water, leaving Violet's fate unknown.

Billie walks back to the campsite. "Where's Violet?" Brooklyn asks.

"Yeah wasn't she with you?" Sam asks.

"She died. Creatures got to her," Aaliyah looks at Billie in discomfort.

As Sam and Brooklyn are asleep, Billie and Aaliyah keep watch. Aaliyah turns to Billie and says "I know you lied."

"Why didn't you tell them?"

"Because I get it. You got revenge. They were in love and you got revenge."

"It's nothing like that," Billie says.

"What's it like then?" Aaliyah asks.

"Violet wasn't the type to do things just because she was being nice. It was more of a test than anything. She did it to protect me. All my life, I've always been protected by her, whether it was because of my happiness or not. She'll do anything to keep me to herself. I realize that now. That's why I did what I had to do," Billie says.

"You think she's alive?"

"Who knows now?"