CHAPTER TWO

"What the hell is that thing?" Nina asks.

"I don't know. All we know is that it can smell and hear us but it can't see us. A girl saved our lives. She was about your age. The last we heard from her, she was screaming. We think she was killed. She was in the forest for five days. We never knew her name. I'm Nicholas McCarthy. This is my son, Connor," Nicholas says.

"Who are you two?" Billie asks the two women.

"Skylar Forbes," The blonde woman spoke.

"You?" Billie asks the brunette.

"Paisley Thornton," The brunette woman replies.

"Nina, I'm scared," Aaliyah says, panicking. Aaliyah is usually frightened easily. She always came to Nina when she becomes scared. Nina is always there to comfort her. Aaliyah needs Nina now more than ever, especially since their lives are in danger.

"Hey, I'm gonna call for help. We're gonna get through this," Nina says with a reassuring smile.

Nina pulls out her phone and dials 911, praying they will answer.

"911, what's your emergency?" Operator asks.

"You have to help us. We're being attacked by an animal. We don't know what it is," Nina tells the operator.

"Okay ma'am. We're sending a deputy on the way. What is your name?"

"Nina Hutchison,"

"Okau Nina. The police are on their way."

"Thank you," Nina replies before hanging up.

Nina walks into another room with Levi following her. She looks stressed more than anything. She has a gut-feeling that they're going to have to fight their way out of the cabin.

"Are you alright?" Levi asks Nina.

"We need to defend ourselves," Nina says.

"How do we do that?" Nina asks.

"We need weapons. Unfortunately, not everyone will live. Especially, Aaliyah. She can't protect herself," Nina says with a blank expression. Nina couldn't believe that she would say that about her best friend but deep down inside, she knew Aaliyah wouldn't survive the bloodbath. Hell, she doesn't know if any of them will survive.

"How could you say that? You're her best friend. You shouldn't say that she will die. You should help her escape. You should teach her to defend herself," Levi argues with Nina, infuriated with Nina's words. Unknown to them Aaliyah was listening to the whole conversation. Tears begin to fill her eyes. Heartbroken that her best friend thinks she will die. Racing thoughts running through Aaliyah's mind on how she will die.

Aaliyah sits next to Billie. Billie looking up at her. She notices Aaliyah's facial expression. She looks at her with worry. "What's wrong?" She asks, curiously. She was hesitant to ask at first but knew Aaliyah needed comfort.

"My best friend thinks I will die. She thinks I can't protect myself," Aaliyah says, point-blank.

"You will make it out alive. I will protect you. I'll make sure you get out alive," Billie replies.

"You barely know me," Aaliyah responds.

"True. But everyone needs to stick together if we want to get out alive," Billie says. They smile at each other and Billie gives her a hug, comforting her.

 They smile at each other and Billie gives her a hug, comforting her