CHAPTER SEVEN

The remaining survivors are walking in the forest until the creature jumps down from a tree and attacks them. Brooklyn grabs her machete and slices the creature's arm off and finally his throat. "Guys go on without me!"

"We can't lose you, Brooklyn. Not after everyone else!" Billie says.

"It's either me or we all die and I'm not taking the chance of letting everyone die. Now, go!" Brooklyn says. As the others run away, Brooklyn tightens her grip on her machete, ready to swing at whatever comes across her.

A creature follows the three remaining survivors but Billie stops, making Aaliyah and Sam look back. "Billie, what are you doing?" Aaliyah asks.

"I'll distract the creature. Go!"

Aaliyah and Sam look to one another. Frightened for Billie after everything she lost, they need her the most.

"Time is running out! Go!" Aaliyah and Sam run away together and Billie runs back in the direction of the cabin with the creature on her tail. She makes it to the cabin, looks in the police cruiser and grabs the shotgun. The creature is almost near her. She loads the shotgun and shoots the creature in its head.

Aaliyah and Sam are walking in the forest. "Hey, remember the time we all were on Spring break and we went to Brooklyn's cabin and we spun around in circles until we all couldn't spin no more," Aaliyah says.

"Oh my God, yes I remember. We all looked up into the sky and gazed at the stars," Sam says.

"Nina was the last one spinning."

"So was Levi."

"I missed them," Sam says.

"I do too."

"I still have hope we will make it," Aaliyah says.

"What if we don't?"

"Then, at least we tried. All we can do is try. If we don't make it then we'll be with our friends."

Sam is attacked by a creature but Aaliyah throws it off. She grabs a machete and stabs it in its chest, making it shriek in pain. "We have plans for you, Aaliyah Baxter," The creature whispers.

"Fuck you." Aaliyah rips out the machete and it climbs on top of Aaliyah, digging its nail into her shoulder, Aaliyah screams as her eyes go white. A vision of what the future, everything is destroyed. Creatures have roamed free. A beautiful brunette girl wielding her sword, A man stretches out his hand and says "My name is Elias." Another vision shows Elias with a needle and a woman screaming. The last vision shows Billie with her arms turning black and her eyes red.

"Hey fucker!" Sam screams for the creature. The creature turns around and is decapitated. Blood splattering all over Aaliyah. Aaliyah throws the headless corpse of the creature off of her. "Are you okay?"

"I'm fine," Aaliyah says and turns to Sam saying "Did you have to get blood all over me?"

"Don't blame me. Blame that thing." They both laugh and run to find the others.

Billie is walking in the forest until Aaliyah and Sam tell her to run. The three survivors hide in a tree until the creatures evacuate. "I'll distract them," Sam says.

"No way. We're not losing any more people," Billie says.

"It's not your call. Besides as long as you two make it out alive. I'll be okay. It's like you said Aaliyah, I'll be with our friends,"

Sam jumps down from the tree and screams for the creatures, luring them away. "We have to help him," Aaliyah says. Billie and Aaliyah jump down and run toward Sam and the creatures. Billie shoots some of them while Aaliyah stabs the rest of them.

"Thanks," Sam says. Aaliyah hugs him and punches his arm/

"What the hell were you thinking? You could've gotten yourself killed!" She yells.

"Guys?" Billie says.

"It was my choice,"

"You could've died!"

"Well I'm alive."

"Guys!"

"What!?" Aaliyah and Sam both scream until they see what Billie is looking at in front of them. Four creatures running toward them. Billie shoots one in the head. Aaliyah manages to stab one in its throat with a hunting knife. Sam stabs one repeatedly with the machete. The last creature runs toward Sam and pushes him against the tree. The creature is impaled in the back of its head by Brooklyn.

"Huh? Guess I'm good at this after all," They all laugh and smile at their victory until Aaliyah is wounded by a creature. Billie manages to shoot the creature down. "Shit we need to take her to the hospital!" Brooklyn says.

"She's bleeding out Billie!" Sam and Brooklyn wrap Aaliyah's arms around their shoulders. Billie walks up to the creature and the creature is breathing slowly. Then, it whispers to her saying "You don't.. even.. know .. who you are truly?" The creature starts to laugh. The laugh disappears when Billie puts the shotgun to its throat. "Go to hell, you ugly motherfucker." The shotgun blasts the creatures head, killing it once and for all. "Let's go," Billie says.

"Are you alright?" Brooklyn asks Billie.

"Never been better."

Brooklyn and Sam look at each other with concern until Aaliyah says "I'd like to get help, please."

"Alright, come on."

A car finally passes by and Billie waves her hands in the air for the car to stop. The car stops and the driver picks up the four survivors, taking them to the hospital. As they are driving, Billie sees a reflection of herself in the mirror, only difference is that Billie sees red eyes. She blinks and they're gone. Aaliyah stares at Billie, holding her knife tight.