6: Wreckage

A/N: I logged in to post this update and I suddenly noticed my ranking. I couldn't believe it. I've never had such a high ranking on any of my stories before. I had to reload the page to make sure I saw it right 😂.  

I couldn't have made this rank without you lovely readers supporting me. Thank you all for reading, voting, and commenting on this story. I hope you'll continue to enjoy future chapters!

_________________

IT WAS A LITTLE AFTER LUNCHTIME WHEN I KNOCKED ON THE DOOR OF THE JOESTAR MANSION. "Where's Dio?" I asked the butler.

"Young master Dio is in his room at the moment," he answered, stepping aside so I could enter the mansion. I thanked him and headed up the stairs towards Dio's room. It was normal that I would visit the mansion, but today, I wasn't here to chat with my friends.

Erina had come to me first thing in the morning, telling me that last night, Dio had forced a kiss upon her while his friends stood and laughed mockingly. She was blaming herself for what happened. She should have been stronger, she said. She should have been able to defend herself. She felt utterly ashamed, unable to face Jonathan due to her perceived weakness. I was the only friend she could talk to now.

I tried my best to comfort her, but I wasn't sure what to say. I knew exactly how she felt, but it seemed that nothing I said helped her feel any better. I told her Jonathan wouldn't blame her; he would be understanding, not angry. At least, not angry at her. But she was too worried to face him. In the end, I felt there was nothing I could do to help her besides walking all the way to the Joestar mansion so I could talk with Dio.

I pounded on the door of his room with a shout. "Dio!"

The door swung open soon after, revealing an annoyed looking Dio. His swollen face told me Jonathan had heard about the incident with Erina. Part of me felt bad for the blonde, but I couldn't argue that it wasn't well deserved.

"What is it?" Dio leaned against the doorframe with an exaggerated sigh, just waiting for me to yell at him. And I did.

"You kissed Erina!" I exclaimed.

"So Jonathan told you what happened." Dio assumed. He was incorrect, but that wasn't the problem here.

"How could you do that?" I glared at the blonde. "Jonathan and Erina were so happy together. And you ruined it. You ruined everything!"

The corners of Dio's lips twisted up in an almost imperceptible smirk. "I only kissed her. I wouldn't say I ruined everyth⎯"

"Erina couldn't even talk to Jonathan after what you did!" I yelled. "And it's your fault! I know you did this just to spite Jonathan. You took all Jonathan's friends away. And now you've taken his girlfriend away too."

My voice had quieted to a normal volume now. "What did either of them ever do to you?" I asked. "Jonathan always tried to be nice to you. And did you ever speak to Erina before yesterday? How could you do that to them? Didn't you see how happy they were? Is that why you did this?"

Dio's eyes didn't waver when he looked at me. He seemed more curious than anything else. As if he didn't know why I was so upset. He doesn't care that he left scars that will never heal and that he's made his brother's life miserable? I know he understands what he did. But why would he do such a thing . . . ?

"I thought you were different from what Jonathan told me," I said. "That you two just didn't get along. But I th-thought we were friends," I stammered briefly.

"We are friends," Dio said as if it was obvious. "Didn't you enjoy yourself yesterday? You told me you had fun."

"And I did. But this is about what you did to Jonathan and Erina. It doesn't matter if I enjoyed being with you yesterday," I frowned and suddenly a terrible idea crept its way into my head. "All the time you and I spent together . . . Was that just you pretending to be friends with me? Did you just want to separate me from Jonathan?"