S I X

.\~*❦ *~/.

P R E D E S T I N E D

S I X
.\~*❦ *~/.

A Kindred-Soul Found

.\~*❦ *~/.

Trudging down the stairs, Seokjin pretends he doesn't notice the non-pack gathering in the game room. The uncomfortable silence that replaces their noise as he walks by is pretty telling. Never one for confrontation, he'd gone to his bedroom after storming out, attempting to clear the jealousy that he felt to his very core. It wasn't long after that he felt a dire need for fresh air and he emerges; ignoring the eyes on him as he slips on his shoes at the entrance.

There isn't a particular destination in mind as he heads out the front door and sets out on a walk. Telling himself he'll never have to see them again as he lets his mind wander on what's to come while loosing himself in his thoughts. The sky has gradually darkened up above, only a few hours of daylight remaining when he comes to a stop sometime later on the playground of his old elementary building.

The playground is relatively empty. There are young children playing on the faded structure as their parents watch idly by. The track that circumference the playground is scattered with a few people that range in age getting in their workouts for the day. The miniature basketball court is entertaining a group of youths maybe a couple years younger than him and an old man is walking around collecting litter with a trash pick.

Seokjin's fully aware of the reasons he's wandered to this particular location, as he plops down on a low hanging swing and simply sways.

Allowing himself to reminisce for it was here at this very park where the trio had once ruled the playground. It was also here when the first of promises had been broken. This playground holds a lot of significance to Seokjin in a way that some of his best memories had taken place one this plot of land.

Back then, Seokjin had been a vivacious child; loud, friendly, outgoing, slightly self-centered, and oh so possessive. Like every human Seokjin was flawed, and even then, he'd struggled with sharing Jimin with everyone else;  selfishly keeping him secluded from making friends and only allowing the few he deemed worthy of to interact with the small boy, for there wasn't many he approved of.

There'd never been a time when Jimin wasn't the most important to him, and Seokjin remembers exactly when his feelings had begun to shift. It had been when Hoseok dragged his frumpy-grumpy new classmate Yoongi to play with them for the first time. An occurrence the shorter did not appreciate for Min Yoongi did not play, and instead spent the majority of recess boring holes into the trio as he more than likely plotted their downfall.

Then, awkward stuttering Kim Namjoon from his class somehow made unlikely friends with Min Yoongi and the rest was history as they hit it off. Hoseok's pestering had grown on Yoongi who'd come to accept the spastic kid as a friend although he'd claim that he only managed to tolerate the younger to a limited extent.

Seokjin was jealous of Hoseok's new friendships to say the least. It brought change, and Seokjin didn't like it, for he didn't know how to share his friends and couldn't help but feel threatened with Namjoon and Yoongi. Even more so, when Jimin began to express an intent of wanting to get to know them as well; for any friend of Hoseok's was a friend of his.