Part One - Alexa May Sugg

Joe's POV
Today was my first day of strictly rehearsals with my dance partner Dianne Buswell. Throughout the past week I have been extremely busy with meeting the other celebrities and the strictly pros, then being partnered with Dianne in the launch show - one of the most nerve racking days ever being on LIVE television - and now the first day of my dancing journey!

I rushed around my apartment picking up my phone, charger and keys, shoving them into my backpack before heading towards Alexa's room. I poked my head around the bedroom door to see Alexa laid on her stomach watching Peppa Pig on her iPad cuddling her giraffe -Patch.

Wait maybe I should explain who Alexa is. Alexa May Sugg is my daughter, she has just turned three years old and she is my world. She has curly, caramel coloured hair along with bright blue eyes and the cutest dimples.

You may be wondering who Alexa's mother is, well let's just say she not it the picture and hasn't been since the day Alexa was born

You may be wondering who Alexa's mother is, well let's just say she not it the picture and hasn't been since the day Alexa was born. Her mother - Jessica Miller - and I met at a bar when I was 23 and she was 22, we started talking and one thing led to another resulting in a one night stand. I didn't think anything of it until I got a phone call from Jess one night, crying her eyes out telling me she was pregnant with MY child. To tell you the truth I didn't believe her at first, we had used protection so this couldn't be true, could it? We arranged to meet the following day at my apartment to talk about the baby and what we were going to do where she showed me the pregnancy test and ultrasound. The two things that confirmed she was pregnant. During the conversation Jessica told me that what ever happened she was not having an abortion as she just couldn't handle living with the fact that she had an abortion however she didn't want to keep the baby. She felt as though she wasn't ready to look after a child and after talking it over with her mum the day before she explained that she was thinking about putting the baby up for adoption. This is where I made the biggest decision of my life. I told Jess that I would take the baby and bring him/her up on my own, anything to make sure that baby had at least one parent in their life. So it was later decided that as soon as Jess had the baby, I was to take full custody from that day onwards.

Nine months later, on the 31st August 2015 at 8:30pm Alexa May Sugg was born weighing 6 pound 2 ounces. The best day of my life! And from that day onwards I've brought Alexa up with the help of my family and my close friends. But away from the public eye, I just wanted Alexa to have a 'normal' childhood without all the media attention on her so decided to keep her a secret. The biggest secret of my life.

Anyways back to the present, I walked into Alexa's room picking up her frozen backpack filling it with  colouring books, crayons, pyjamas and a few toys for her to play with during the day.
"What you doing daddy" Alexa asked.
"Getting things for you to take to grandma's house. You ready to go?" I replied bending down to pick Alexa up.
"Do I have to go? Pwease let me go with you." Alexa pouted, "I wanna go wit you"
"You know you can't princess I have to work, I'll ask Dianne if you can come and visit during the week, okay?" I wasn't going to ask Dianne, it wasn't that I didn't want to - it would make life easier as I wouldn't  have to worry about asking Dianne to leave early so i would be home for bedtime, or when Alexa calls me during the day - it was just the fact I don't want to be judged for being a young single dad, even though I could feel it in the back of my mind that she wouldn't judge, I didn't want to take the risk.

"Okay" Alexa copied as I sat her on the stairs putting on her coat and shoes, before we headed out the door to my mum's house. On the way to my mum's house we got stuck in traffic. Why didn't I think about this of course there's going to be traffic it's Monday morning. What was I going to tell Dianne? I couldn't just blurt out that I was late as I had to take my daughter to my mum's house could I? I'll have to say I slept in. She'll probably think I'm so lazy. Great.

When we finally arrived at my mum's house, I rushed myself and Alexa in the house said hello and goodbye to my mum and Alexa, telling her I'd ring her later before I rushed back outside to my car and headed toward the studio we were practising in. I wonder what it's going to be like.

///////////////
Authors note -
Thank you for reading this, it's my first book so if it's bad sorry I'm not the greatest writer.
Also when Alexa is talking the spelling mistakes are on purpose to try and make it seem as though a three year old is talking.
Lastly if you have any suggestions leave them in the comments and I will try and incorporate them into the story.
- Charlotte x