Chapter Twenty Two - home time

Please read the Authors note at the end. It's important.

Dianne's POV
For the 3 days Joe and Alexa were here for we had the best time, the first day we spent most of the day talking and watching movies. The next day we spent the day touring around my favourite places in my home town. At the last day, today, we have spent this morning down on the beach, and now we are packing up our belongings to go back home to London.

I've had the best time in Australia with my family and Alexa and Joe flying out to visit us was the icing on the cake. I loved every second of this holiday and my family have loved meeting Joe and Alexa. They've loved taking them round the local area, especially Alexa as she's never been to Australia before in her life. I'm going to miss my family so much, but before I know if there will be coming over to London to watch me perform live. I'm so excited!

But now I have to say goodbye and head back to my new home. Oh yeah I didn't tell you? Joe asked me if I wanted to move in with him!!! Of course I said yes, so when we get back to London I'm going to move all my belongings over to Joe and Alexa's apartment. Even though most of them are already there! Anyways back to the hard part - saying goodbye to family, I just don't want to cry this time. It makes everything worse.

Joe's POV
It was time for us to say goodbye to Dianne's family - but most importantly for Dianne to say goodbye to her parents. I know this is going to be hard for her, so I'm just hoping that she'll be okay as her crying breaks my heart.
"Dianne its time for us to head for the airport" I told her.
"I don't want to go" she told me, I could tell she she was holding back tears.
"I know but you'll see them again this summer and you can call or text them whenever you need" I told her. "And I'll always be here for you"
"Thank you Joe it means a lot, now for the hard part"

We walked into the front room, leaving our bags and suitcases by the door. We saw Alexa sitting with Rina - Dianne's mum - playing with Patch.
"Come on Alexa's it's time to say goodbye" I told her.
"Aw I don't want to go"
"I know princess but you'll see Mark and Rina in June I promise"
"Okay"
She pulled Rina into a huge hug saying that she has had such a good time in Australia. Then she did the same to Mark before heading over to me. I then said my goodbyes to the pair of them thanking them for letting us stay before I heading out the room leaning Dianne to say her goodbyes.

Dianne's POV
I could already feel the tears running down my face before I had even said anything. Just the thought of leaving them again broke my heart.
"Baby girl don't cry, we will see you soon"
"I know dad but I miss you so much"
"I know and we will miss you but we'll see you soon I promise"

And now for my mum.
"Aw love, we'll see you soon I promise. We are coming to watch you perform and I'm so excited"
"I know but I'll just miss you"
"I know that but if you ever need me all you need to do is ring me or call me, even if it's 3am in the morning here"
"Thanks mum it really means a lot"

I walked over to Joe and Alexa and he pulled me into the biggest hug.
"Should we go"
"Yeah" I said wiping the tears from my eyes.

Joe's POV
It was now part way through our flight and I was watching a movie while my two girls slept peacefully besides me. I've loved Australia but I just wanted to get back home. To OUR new home. I had asked Dianne the first night of the holiday, I just felt that the time was right. I was so excited for her to move in so we could love together as a family. I love that word, my little family ❤️

////////////////
Authors Note -
If you saw my authors note on one of my last chapters you will know that this story is coming to and end. There will be one last chapter after this one. And the books will be complete.
But don't worry, I am hoping to write a sequel to this book, but need a few suggestions. What would you like to see in the next book? Please leave you comments in the comments section. And I look forward to hearing your suggestions!
Charlotte :) x