‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐈𝐈

𝐅𝐑𝐎𝐒𝐓

⋆┈┈。゚❃ུ۪ ❀ུ۪ ❁ུ۪ ❃ུ۪ ❀ུ۪ ゚。┈┈⋆

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾ "It happened so fast. I didn't... I didn't know what was going on until it was too late." The tears stream down her cheeks as she explains to the police officer the event that had occurred just few hours before. She sits on a chair in a small office in the police station in the town nearby. "Crystal? Is that your name?" The girl could only nod at the question. "All right, Crystal, just tell me what happened, from the beginning." The kind officer says as she looks at the poor fragile sixteen year old girl in front of her.

"Yesterday was my birthday and I spent the whole day outside in the snow. When I came back it was already dark outside. Everyone was eating dinner when I came inside. I wasn't hungry so I just skipped dinner. Besides I had a big breakfast, a cake and everything. I spend my evening in my room, like I always do. It wasn't until I heard something outside that I realized that something was wrong. You see, I had been listening to music, had a bit of a high volume. The ones I took off when I heard it..."

The room was quiet and silent as the evening outside. Crystal sat on her bed with her white old headphones over her head, listening to her favorite song. She had an old iPod that she got a few years ago, she uses it on daily bases to listen to music. The white haired girl likes to cut herself from the world from time to time, just to be with herself and away from any noises and the other people. Music gets her out of the world and sometimes she just needs a moment that does exactly that.

With music in her ears she sketches something in her notebook. The electric blue-eyed girl doesn't see herself to be a good artist but that doesn't stop her from doodling when she's bored. It's either that or she will sit on her window seat and stares at the world outside, lost in her mind or the music. She allows her pencil to guide her hand on the paper, just creating something completely random. Each page in the book, something different and unique in its own way.

Her perfect moment breaks when she hears a loud thud outside in the hallways of the orphanage. It was so loud that it was enough to startle the poor girl, even with the music that is booming into her ears from the headphones. She takes off her headphones without shutting off the music and that's when she hears them. Screams coming from children, young and old. Crystal quickly runs out of her room, faster than a lighting. Once she opens the door she is met with children running past her room. Some screaming and crying while others are screaming and panicking.

She doesn't understand what is going on that she just stands by the door of her room, watching the children run past it. They are all going in the same direction, the quickest way to the exit of the orphanage. After awhile of just watching them run by her one by one, a another thud scares the skin of her. A scream escapes her lips, as she backs up into the door out of fright. Fear runs through her whole body as the screams and the panic increases. More and more children start piling up and running to the exit.

Crystal's first instinct is to get out of there as fast as she can, as she can sense that there is something not right. There wouldn't be a panic like this if things weren't bad. She joins in the crowd of running, and it wasn't until she got outside to the exit that she found herself knowing the truth. In the snow are most all the children, either big or small, young and old. They have gathered around in circles, holding each other. Crying and sobbing into each other's chest. Fear goes around them all and has taken its place everywhere, it spreads faster than the plague.

As she turns around to look at the orphanage she sees the tragic truth of why they are all out there in the cold snow. The whole orphanage is falling apart. A great roaring fire has taken its hold on it and is eating everything in its path. Half of the roof has fallen and the south part is all in ruins. She's just lucky to have gotten out of there when she did, otherwise it might have been too late for her and she would be a goner. Now the fire has spread to her bedroom, everything in there must be on fire and destroyed. Her entire life she was there and now it is gone.

The last of the kids make it out of the building before it collapsed on itself. Crystal back away as the rocks from the wall fly of in every direction. Tears stream down her face as she watches the only home she has ever known burn in the dancing flames. Not even the cold or the snow can stop the fire from spreading onto the trees and not before long the surrounding trees catch on fire. She falls down to her knees as she cries out.

"Can you remember anything else?" The police officer hands Crystal a glass of water while she speaks. She only shakes her head, not knowing what to tell her. There is more to the story than she is letting on and she's not about to tell that part, not yet. People would think of her as a freak, more of a freak than she is and the white haired girl doesn't need anyone else judging her. "All right, I'm going to talk to the chief for a bit. Why don't you stay here until I come back." The police officer leaves her office and the electric blue-eyed girl sits quietly in silence, something that she used to love once.

Now the silence can only bring her back to last night's events. The evening that she lost everything. Her home, her special place and the one person she cares about in the whole world. The old woman who runs the orphanage, Mrs. Roys. She was the only one who cared about her and she lost her. Mrs. Roys was the only one who didn't make it out in time. She was like a mother for Crystal, as close to a mother as she could get.

Almost everyone had gone with the police to get somewhere warm and checked out in the hospital. The white haired girl hadn't moved from her spot since she came out of the burning orphanage. On her knees she stayed, just crying for the person she lost and the only home she has ever known. As her tears fall down on top of the snow and crystallize into tear shaped crystals. They sink into the snow and go unnoticed by anyone except for her. She sees how as soon as her tears leave her eyes they start to freeze and eventually become crystals of tears.

She doesn't feel the cold, never has and probably never will and she doesn't know how much it can take for tears to freeze like that. She's sure that it doesn't happen to anyone else, just her. Crystal has always felt different, the only one who expected her as a normal human being was the old woman. With her being born with her white hair as the snow and her glowing blue electric eyes, she has been judged and bullied for it.

The firefighters arrive at the scene when there is only her there. They didn't even notice in the snow, alone and crying. When the fire had been put down and most of the trees saved, they didn't even try to find her body. The damage was too great, the fire fighters just put out the fire and checked it for any sign of life. When they didn't find any, they left. While Crystal stayed in the snow, crying her eyes and heart out. There is nothing she can do now. Everything is in ashes and smoke has taken over the air around her.

In her tears she chokes back coughs as the black ash smoke makes its way into her lungs. She coughs more and more, nearly choking on her own coughs as she can barely breathe. More tears run down her cheeks as she struggles to breathe, the smoke in her lungs has increased. There is no one around to call for help, as everyone has already left with the police or the ambulances that came. When people tried to take her away she refused and if they pulled her she would fight back. She didn't want to leave, this place is all she has.

Black spots appear on her vision and the world begins to spin around her. She stands up, her knees hurt. However that is the last thing on her mind. The white haired girl has a hard time balancing and slops around everywhere, trying to keep her balance straight. As the spots grow larger and increase by the second. She falls downs to the ground on her back, coughing. Her eyes grow heavy and eventually shut and the blackness takes over. ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙