Chapter Four

Later that day they caught a case. Ziva was making some calls while McGee was sent to help Abby. Gibbs and Tony went to talk with Ducky about the body and what he had found. Upon entering the room they spotted Charlie sitting crossed legged on an empty slab chowing down on a hamburger, as Ducky worked on the body.

Tony watched her, "How can you eat that in here while he's doing that?"

Swallowing the piece that was in her mouth, "It's just like eating when you watching a horror movie. I heard you and Ducky had a few words."

She giggled when Ducky looked over at them, "He's just being a protective uncle for his niece." Tony quickly moved away from her.

Sliding off the slab, "Well I heard you almost got verbally slapped by Ducky when all Gibbs got was a slap on the hands. And he kissed me! Now I'm kind of wishing we kissed Tony, then I'd know who was a better kisser. You or Gibbs."

Tony's jaw dropped as Ducky called, "Charlie Leslie Lipton!"

"I know, I know. I'm going to use the bathroom, then you can lecture me on my behavior when I get back Duck man." Holding up a hand as she walked out.

Tony grinned broadly as him and Gibbs stepped onto the elevator after talking with Ducky. "What DiNozzo?" Gibbs asked not looking at him.

"What was it like?" His smile somehow seemed to get bigger.

Turning his head at him, "What was what like?"

"Kissing Charlie!" Gibbs just turned his head straight again. "Right, you're not going to tell me. I bet it was great though."

Gibbs reached over and slapped Tony upside the head. Charlie was coming out of the bathroom wiping the excess water that was left on her hands to her pants. Seconds from stepping out, a hand grabbed her upper arm and pulled her around the corner.

"Oh, nice. I was wondering if you'd show up or not." She smiled when she saw it was Gibbs.

"Tomorrow night, you and me, dinner," Gibbs said

"Meet me here at six." Smiling.

"Then you can tell me what you're really doing here." Gibbs walked away from her.

Rolling her eyes, "Great."

It was a long two days and Gibbs was winding down from it. He was coming back from getting a cup of coffee to find Charlie in his chair. Head back, slowly spinning in a circle.

"Having fun?" Moving in front of his desk.

"Tons." Getting up from the chair. "We don't have to go out tonight. Heard from uncle your case was somewhat hectic."

Grabbing his jacket from the back of the chair, "We got to eat at some point."

Gibbs opened the front door to his place for her, "Umm what are we doing at your place?"

"Dinner." Hanging both his and her jacket on a nearby chair.

"Ok." She said slowly.

Charlie sat on the counter in the kitchen watching Gibbs make dinner.

The food was sizzling as Gibbs turned to her, "Why don't you tell me why you are here."

Setting her drink down, "What makes you think I'm not visiting?"

"Ducky always talked so highly of you. Now that you are here, he barely talks about you." Leaning against the counter next to her.

"When my dad, Ducky's brother, died years ago, my mom would send me to Ducky's every summer. Grams would watch me while he was at work. Well, Ducky became, in a way, like a dad I had lost. Well, one summer mom met Fred, they got married and we took his last name. When I moved out, my friend and I moved into the extra place Fred and my mom had. Then the day of my birthday they dropped a bomb. Not only were they kicking my friend and I out, but they were also selling the house and using the money for the baby my mom is going to have. They were also changing my room into the babies room and I wasn't allowed back home. Now I'm here." Smiling, she motioned around the place with her hand.

"And Ducky's problem is?"

Scrunching her nose, "Not only am I out of a job and have no money, but I'm also a third mouth to feed, another to take care of. But I just think that he is super, super pissed at my mother for what she did to me. For obvious reasons. And the fact that I didn't listen to him and went out with you and Tony."

Moving, Gibbs placed a hand on either side of the counter, trapping Charlie where she sat, "That's because Tony has a new woman every week. He didn't want you to be one of them."

Tilting her head, "What about you?"

"Afraid you'd become another ex-wife of mine probably."

Leaning forward, "It's a good thing I don't plan on getting married anytime soon."

Gibbs closed the gap between them and kissed her. She pulled him closer, wrapping her legs around his waist as he placed his hands on her hips. They started laughing when they heard Charlie's stomach growl.

Charlie set the table while Gibbs finished making dinner. After dinner, they found their way to his couch. She sat cross-legged, back to the arms rest, facing Gibbs. He sat sideways with an arm resting on the back of the couch.

"What are you going to do now?" Gibbs asked.

"Well, I have an interview to work at a florist tomorrow. If I get the job, I'll save my money for a place. If I don't get the job, I'll keep looking for one."

Tilting his head, "A florist?"

Giving a 'shut up' glare. "It's a job!"