Chapter Five

Charlie had fallen asleep on Gibbs' couch. He'd carefully picked her up and placed her in his bed. Making sure she was comfy and under the covers, Gibbs grabbed a pillow and a spare blanket, then headed for the couch to sleep.

It had just reached five am when Charlie stirred. Quietly she exited the bed room and went to the kitchen. Searching the place, Charlie couldn't find what she was looking for.

"If you're searching for a coffee maker, I don't have one." The voice said behind her.

"How in all that is off in the world do you not have a coffee maker?" Turning to him.

"I just don't." Gibbs shrugged.

"Now I see when the Duck man said there are five more questions for everyone to you." Shaking her head.

They got dressed and Gibbs took her to get some coffee before taking her back to Ducky's. As Gibbs rode the elevator to work, Ducky joined him.

They both watched the numbers climb, "Noticed you kept her out all night."

Not taking his eyes off the numbers, "She fell asleep on my couch Ducky."

The doors opened for Ducky, "I may not approve of the two of you, but you don't need to lie to me, Jethro."

The doors shut in Gibbs' face. He knew Ducky had every right not to be for him with his niece. "Let me get this straight. Gibbs is dating Ducky's niece?" A skeptical sounding Ziva asked.

"I believe so," Tony said, propping his feet up on his desk.

Shaking his head, "I can't believe she wanted a comparison to who's a better kisser. You or Gibbs." McGee said.

Throwing a piece of paper at McGee's head, "What's so hard to believe about that?" He asked.

Glaring at Tony, "It's not that. It's more that it's hard to believe she isn't afraid that she might catch something if she kissed you."

Gibbs closed his phone as he got off the elevator, "Let's go, we got a case. And enough talk about my personal life. Ducky wouldn't appreciate it either."

When they returned to the NCIS building, there was a gigantic bouquet of flowers on Gibbs desk. He laughed to himself as he ignored the others questioning looks.

"Don't you have work to do?" He called over his shoulder.

The three jumped and quickly found something to do. Gibbs had gone down to see Abby after she called him. Humming to herself, Charlie made her way to Gibbs desk. She noticed that he had kept the flowers and moved them off to the side.

"Looking for Gibbs?" Tony smiled, calling from his desk.

"Just stopping by. Was having lunch with the Duck man." She politely answered.

Getting up, Tony slowly made his way over, "That's a nice bouquet of flowers you sent Gibbs."

She scrunched her eyebrows as she tilted her head, "Why would I send Gibbs flowers? Shouldn't I be the one receiving them?"

"Yeah Tony, why would she be the one sending flowers?" McGee smiled from his desk.

Ziva moved next to Tony, "She is Ducky's niece and probably brought up to be a lady."

Charlie crossed her arms with a smug look on her face. "They got a point, Tony. Ducky always told me, a true gentleman always sends lady flowers. Well, I better go, you all probably have a very important case to solve."

Charlie turned on her heels and left the three to go back to work.

"Looking for me?" Charlie heard when she stepped out of the NCIS building.

"How the hell did you know I was here?" She spun to Gibbs leaning against the wall.

Pushing off it, "I saw Ducky after Abby. You left this." Holding up her multicolored scarf.

Wrapping the scarf around her neck, "See you got the flowers."

"Guess you got the job."

"The Duck man was happy."

"How about I get you for a celebration dinner tonight?" He suggested.

Making a sad face. "Sorry, promised Ducky I'd have a celebratory dinner with him and grams."

Giving her a kiss on the cheek, "Another time then."

Charlie watched him walk into the NCIS building before leaving herself. Ducky got a call in the middle of dinner to return to work. Leaving Charlie to clean up and see to her grandmother if she needed anything.

As the case went, the more and more agitated Gibbs got. Over a week had gone by and Charlie saw nor hide or hair of him. She knew as the days went by how upset Gibbs was from the little murmurs she got from Ducky.

Frustrated, Gibbs stormed off the elevators from Abby's lab. There was another bouquet of flowers. He plucked the card from the bouquet and read it.

Still, think you cheated

~Miss Cornstalk~

He tossed the card in the trash and pushed the flowers aside before sitting at his desk.

Charlie was waiting by Gibbs' car that night when he came out. "Hey, stranger." She smiled.

He grumbled something incoherent, "I know we both know, you know how to speak." She said.

Reaching the car door handle, "Charlie, I'm not in the mood."

"I haven't heard from you in almost two weeks. Was starting to think you forgot about me."

"Right now is not a good time." He said irritably.

Putting her weight on her right foot, "When is it a good time? When you drive me to the point of hating you and I don't want to talk to you? Like you did one of your wives who divorced you?"

Gibbs shot a very pissed off look at her. "Do not go there."

"Don't worry, the Duck man didn't say anything. The problem with adults is they never think that kids can hear or understand certain things sometimes."

"This is not like that." His voice was laced with agitation beyond belief.

Shoving the pink elephant that was hidden behind her at him, "Be an ass to someone else. I was just seeing if I can help you become less irritated. You think better that way." Storming off.

Looking down at the elephant, Gibbs grumbled. Getting into the car, the elephant was tossed in the passenger seat as he took off. The entire trip home it stared back at him with that big plastic, round brown eyes.

A/N: Reivews are most welcome