Chapter Eight

Charlie felt a body move next to her and everything came flooding back, shooting out of bed. "Oh my god I'm a slut." Charlie said to herself as she searched the room for her clothes.

"You're not that," Gibbs said from the doorway of his bathroom.

Standing there naked with her bra in hand, "Than what would you call a chick who slept with two guys in one night?"

Walking into the room, "I don't know."

"Slut!" Finding the rest of her clothes.

She didn't say a word as Gibbs dropped her off in front of her building. Lucas was waiting for her when she got home.

"Where have you been?" He questioned when she walked in.

"I went for a walk last night. It was super late and I was by Ducky's, so I stayed there last night."

Moving from the back of the couch, "I called him this morning and he said you were not there."

Taken aback by what he said, "Were you keeping tabs on me?"

"I was concerned. You would be too if you went to bed with your partner then wake up the next day and they're not there. What's that?" Pointing to her neck.

"Huh?" Feeling at her neck. Gibbs must have slipped it on while she was sleeping last night. "It's a necklace."

"I can see that. You weren't wearing it yesterday."

"I found it at Ducky's. I thought I lost it, but I was wrong."

The back of his hand collided with her right cheek. Stumbling back, her hand went to where he had hit her "You're lying." His voice wasn't as soft and gentle as she knew it.

She picks up the nearest thing to her, which was the dish to put her keys in and threw it at his head. "Never lay your hands on me like that again."

He dodged it. "Then tell me the truth and I won't have to."

Her eyes widened. "Let me get this straight. You think it's okay to hit women?"

"Only when they deserve it." He answered.

Pulling her cell from her back pocket. "Fuck you! We're over. And I hope you like handcuffs." Pressing 911 on her phone.

Lucas snatched Charlie's cell from her hand and threw it against the wall. It smashed into a million plastic pieces.

McGee and Ziva were at their desks looking up things Gibbs had wanted. They both looked up when they heard a sniffle. There stood Charlie crying, bruised and bleeding.

"Wh...Where's Du.....Ducky?" She sniffled again as the two went to her aid.

Charlie was ushered to Gibbs' empty seat. Ziva stayed with Charlie since she flinched when McGee got near her, so McGee went to find Ducky. Tony bounced in on the floor in a good mood.

Seeing the group around Gibbs' desk, "Who started the party without me?"

Ziva and McGee parted ways to reveal Charlie, "What happened?"

They were telling Tony when Gibbs got off the elevator. They all went silent when seeing him. He didn't get far before turning around and retreating back to the elevator.

"Do you think he knows?" McGee said.

"I think the question is, is he going to kill him or just maim him into a coma?" Charlie said softly.

Ducky took Charlie down to autopsy to clean her up properly since she didn't have any real injuries to worry about. She was sitting on one of the slabs as he handed her an ice pack. Gibbs stormed back into the NCIS building with Lucas in handcuffs. Both Ducky and Charlie looked to the doors when they heard the swishing sound of them opening to the room.

"Say it." He demanded, pushing Lucas to his knees in front of Charlie.

"Hitting you was the biggest mistake ever in my life. And I am really and truly sorry for it." He apologized.

They sent Lucas to jail and slapped a 500 feet restraining order on him. Charlie decided to stay with Ducky for a few days. She was walking behind Ducky as she followed him to his front door.

"Why is there a pink elephant on my doorstep?"

Smiling, Charlie picked it up, "I'll be right back."

"Are you sure?"

"I'll be fine. I'll call if I'm going to be out late." Giving Ducky a hug and kiss on the cheek before leaving with the elephant in hand.

Gibbs was down in his basement working on another boat. His back was to the stairs when Charlie quietly descended them.

"Got the elephant I see." He turned to her with a smile.

"I figured you would have thrown him out by now." She looked at it.

Moving in front of her, "Miss Cornstalk couldn't be without her overstuffed animal."

Giggling, "This is true."

Gibbs moved again tying something around his neck, "He had it on him."

She looked down at the necklace he gave her last night, "Never got to thank you for what you did."

He leaned forward giving her a soft kiss on the lips. "You're welcome."

"Well, I better get back. Don't want to worry uncle." She got halfway up the stairs before turning around, "Jethro."

Looking up at her from the bottom step, "Yes?"

"I'm willing to give it a try even if it's going to be complicated. If you still want too."

Gibbs held up his finger as went over to the phone, Charlie watched Gibbs dial a number. "Hey Ducky. Charlie is with me, she's going to stay here tonight." He hung up the phone and joined Charlie the rest of the way upstairs.

THE END

A/N: I hope you enjoyed the story. Reviews are most welcome.