[3]

"Never thought the day would come when I'd see an old asshole like you looking like a snotty brat."

"Fucker."

The former Akatsuki members had gathered in the Land of Waves, all somewhat dazed and disbelieving of the situation they had been put in. Hoshiko detonated a small clay bomb to get their attention and distract them from the fight that was about to ensue.

"We have bigger issues on hand to solve than having arguments about who's a fucker or not. So, I suggest we get started on fixing them. Now shut the fuck up and stop inciting random, useless banters and quarrels with each other."

"Geez, when did you pick up a vocabulary?" Deidara asked.

"Blame Hidan."

"Ah."

°°°

"Itachi, we need to figure out how to prevent the coup d'etat without the massacre. You know that."

Itachi nodded.

"Well, I've got a plan, if you'll allow it."

Itachi, who slightly caught off guard, nodded.

"Danzo Shimura, one of the village elders, has multiple sharingan implanted in his right arm. He has also had correspondence with Orochimaru and controls ROOT, a highly secretive and guarded organization that works in Konoha's underground network.

 The two beforementioned facts alone are enough to have him arrested. If we can find solid proof, having the Sharingan returned to the Uchiha through some form of a treaty can smooth over relationships between the village and your clan.

 Taking it one step further, if shinobi from other villages assist in the gathering of information and evidence, it could open up opportunities for neutralities, if not alliances.

Sound good?"

Everyone else openly gaped at her.

Kisame turned to Deidara.

"Holy shit man, your sister's a fucking genius. The good genes skipped you, eh?"

°°°

Throughout the following months, the former Akatsuki members did their best in trying to find evidence that could send Danzo to prison.

When they met up in Konoha under the premises of watching the chunin exams four months later,  their efforts were quite fruitful.

Itachi, along with the help of Shisui Uchiha, a man feared across all nations for his ability to make a D-ranked jutsu as feared as an S-ranked one, had been able to obtain evidence of the several Sharingan implanted in his arm and a Sharingan in his right eye.

The rest of the Akatsuki members had been able to find evidence of his correspondence with Orochimaru, and Sasori and Hoshiko themselves had infiltrated a base and gotten their hands on a report.

A report about the success of the implantation of Hashirama's cells in Danzo.

Hidan looked at all the information collected.

"Damn, at this point, we don't even need Danzo arrested and executed. We could straight out bury him 6 feet under with all the evidence we gathered at this point!" 

He said.

Hoshiko sighed in relief.

One problem down. Rest of the world's problems to go.

A tired look shone in her eyes, one that went unnoticed by the former Akatsuki member's eyes,

Except for Sasori's.