Chapter 4

I am Back for good, and it is good. My Grandpa is getting better, so i can focus more on this.

........................................................................................................................................................

(Time Skip ) Maxon has recovered and the selection is still happening. I want to have my own proposal, who proposes like that.

(Americas POV)

It has been a year and a half the selection has been going on.  Everyone is fully recovered, and Maxon has been fully swamped with work, because King Clarkson is terrible. (I know he is  dead, i just wanted him to be alive.) I hope he announces the winner soon. I only see him about once a week. Maxon has forgiven me for the whole Aspen thing. In fact Aspen married Lucy a few months ago. 

There is a sudden patter on my door, as Mary rushes to open it. On the other side was the prince, leaning against the door frame, as cool as can be. He walks onto the room, and Mary walks out. 

"Hello my dear," Maxon says while making his way over to my bed.

He seems really off today, and it is making me nervous.

"Hello, and I AM NOT YOUR DEAR. Can we go to the garden." I asked in a pleading voice. 

"Yes, i was just coming to ask you that," He tells me. 

He offers me his arm as we make our  way into the garden. He takes me to a small wooden gate and pulls a key out from under a rock. We make our way through the small private garden and he takes me here. (Picture at the top.) 

We eat steak, and have my favorite strawberry tarts for dessert, it was so good. Maxon turns on slow music from an old fashioned radio, i think it was called a Victrola.  We start dancing to the music in the background. As the night continues Maxon seems to get more and more nervous. Soon enough he stops and almost runs away. He is sweating super bad. It is really cute. 

After about 15 minutes of me comforting him, he comes back over and slowly as if time freezes and sinks down onto one knee.

"America my dear America, from the first moment I met you i know you were the girl for me. I tried so hard to steal your heart, but all that got me was a knee to my royal jewels. But it took a little bit, and i finally have it.  I know i almost ruined both of our lives at the choosing ceremony, but thanks to the rebels, I have you all to myself. Will you make me the happiest man alive and become Mrs. Maxon Shreave." He says. 

So this is why he was nervous all day, he pulls out a ring, it is so pretty. 

"Um um," I say

"Um um," I say

Find out what happens, will she say yes, or no. Does she trust him after almost choosing kriss. 

Sorry I left it a cliff hangar I will have the next chapter posted soon.  I only have a little bit of time before i am going to visit my Grandpa. Wanted to post a chapter before. Thanks for reading, don't forget to like, comment, and share. Bye