Chapter 18: I'm Yours

"You know I hate surprises, Jo," Alex said, my hands covering her eyes as I led her to a picnic blanket. "Especially not a sunset."

"Well we had to wait for sunset for this surprise, okay?" I comprehended. "Okay, you can open your eyes."

She slowly opened her eyes and gasped. Daniel and Corbyn were playing some love song on the guitar, a picnic with fairy lights was spread out on the soft grass, a little box sitting on the blanket, sunset in the background. She covered her mouth with her hands.

"Alexandra King," I began. "I've had the best time these past couple of months getting to know you. I love you so much, you'll never understand how much. Your breath keeps me breathing. You are a part of me. So, will you be my girlfriend?" I held out a small promise ring, the gem shaped like a baseball.

"OF COURSE!" She jumped on me and squeezed the life out of me. "I thought you'd never ask!"

"Here's a little promise ring, a promise that I'll always be there for you, always support you, always love you." I slipped the ring on her finger. "I love you, Alexandra."

"I love you, Jonah," she whispered in my ear softly. "I'm yours."

you thought he was gonna propose oh heck no! short chapter but idc. love ya💖