2 v 2 ✧ brian

takes place: 1999
this will include brian & nick, but your friend will be the one who likes nick. so this is basically a brian imagine.
summary: y/n and her best friend ella go to the gym to play basketball, and two attractive men happen to be there, and they play two versus two.

"ready to go shoot some hoops?" i look over at my friend ella as she nods her head.
"i'm gonna be a little bit rusty, though."
i shake my head at her. "i doubt that."'
i slipped on my blue sports bra, a cropped tank, some nike joggers, and nike af1's.
ella had on a t shirt & leggings with nike tennis shoes.
"ready?" i ask her grabbing my gym bag.
she nods, and we head to the car.
we blasted eminem on the way to the gym, not really caring who was watching.
"cause i'm slim shady yes i'm the real shady, all you other slim shady's are just imitating." we yelled at the top of our lungs.

"damn. there's someone on the court." i mumble. there was only one court, and it had appeared to be taken by two blonde dudes.
ella & i stood there for a few minutes, just watching them.
i had to admit, they were pretty good.
they look around our age, and they were messing and around and shooting three pointers.
their attention directed towards us, and a light blush crept across my cheeks.
"hey ladies." the dirty blonde one said.
he had a heavy country accent, and he definitely lived here in kentucky.
his accent was one of the cutest things i had ever heard.
ella smiled and i waved.
"so we couldn't help but notice you were watching us, and we were wondering, would you like to play?"
he asked.
his platinum blonde friend seemed to not talk much, he was probably shy.
kentucky boy was wearing blue basketball shorts and a white UK hoodie.
although he was wearing baggie clothes, i could tell he was very fit. the tall one was dressed in black basketball shorts and a white tee shirt.
"hell yeah. but warning, i play for north carolina, and i'm a starter, so you two sure as hell ain't gonna win without a fight."
i stepped forward, my basketball was tucked under my arm.
he nods his head and scoffs, "please, this will be easy. what's your name hun?" he winks.
i roles my eyes.
"i'm y/n, and this is my best friend ella." she waves.
ella & i walked over to them, and kentucky guy looked way better up close.
"i'm brian, and this is nick." he points to the tall boy next to him.
i studied brian's face.
bright blue eyes, slightly curly dirty blonde hair, a few freckles scattered across his face, a hella nice jawline, and a cute nose.
"well are you ready?" nick steps up and asks.
"yeah, ready to kick some ass." ella winks.
i could tell she was attracted to him already.
"well let's do this." brian takes his hoodie off, and i catch a glimpse of his abs, because his shirt came up.
he had a white UK shirt on, he seemed pretty obsessed with the college.
all i can say is damn, those abs were impressive.
"you're gonna want the ball first, you'll need it." i smirk and stand at the three point line, as brian walks to the half court line.
nick is down at the post, and ella is right up on him.
the only thing that was unfair was the height difference, i was 5'6 and brian was 5'8, while ella was 5'7 and nick was about 6'2.
i knew it would be pretty easy for nick to score on her.
"check." i say as brian bounces me the ball.
he tucks his cross necklace into his shirt, and i bounce the ball back to him.
he dribbles to the left a bit, before attempting to cross me over; but it doesn't work.
nick was down low posting up on ella, and it was pretty easy for him.
brian drives to the hoop and passes to nick, and nick misses the layup.
ella snickers and i laugh.

i bring up the ball, and ella's now posting up. i fake pass to the left then pass down to her, and she goes up for the shot.
sadly nick blocks it since he's so freaking tall.
"ha. welcome to the block party." he winks.
she rolls her eyes playfully before getting into defense.
"alright, here's the deal." brian says dribbling the ball.
"if we win, you have to go on a date with us."
he smirks.
"fine, but i want something too." he nods. "you have to run around the gym, where people are working out, in just your boxers."
this time it's my turn to smirk.
he chuckles. "it won't happen anyways."
"-but, we'll go on that date with you guys either way." i wink.
he smiles and tries to drive to the hoop, but i stand and put my hands straight up once he picks up his dribble.
he runs into me, knocking me onto the floor.
somehow, he happened to fall on top of me.
"oops." he winks. "i could get used to this position."
i shake my head. "help me up pretty boy."
he chuckles and gets off of me, reaching his hand out to help me up.
"aww. so cute." ella coos. nick laughs and high fives her, you could tell that they wanted us to like each other.
i stick my tongue out at him and grab the ball, walking over to half court.
i dribble the ball check to see if ella is open, but nick slaps her butt trying to distract her. she gasps and slaps his chest, saying "quit it."
i roll my eyes and try to drive past brian, but i had a plan to distract him.
"you know you're pretty cute." i wink.
"maybe after this game there'll be something waiting for you, if you let me score." i smile.
his eyes go wide, and he smirks.
"i'd like that."
i go right by him and score a layup.
"loser." i giggle.
"yeah whatever." he smiles at me.
we end up winning the game, and let's just say i was looking forward to that date.

hope this was decent!

-em