the concert ✧ nick

takes place in : 1999

summary: 15 year old zoe goes to the "into the millennium tour" and ends up getting very lucky. she is chosen to go on stage and have nick sing "i'll never break your heart" to her. during the song, nick tells her to stick around backstage. a beautiful relationship flourishes between nick and zoe.

my eyes shot up to look around the arena. the backstreet boys had come to staples center and i was one of the first ones to buy the tickets.
i was more than excited for the into the millennium tour, words couldn't even describe it.
i loved all of the boys with everything in me, but nick had always been my favorite. he held a dear place in my heart.
i was dressed in a cute pair of high waisted jeans, a black belt, and a backstreet boys tank top that i had bought from a local shop and cut up a bit.
my straight blonde bangs were down, but the rest of my hair was half up. i glanced over at my best friend gwen.
she was rocking high waisted shorts and a backstreet boys tee. her brown hair was parted down the middle and straightened.
she was the definition of gorgeous, and 99% of the time she got the attention.

the opening song was larger than life, and after that they sang "the one."
when the boys car out, nick just happened to be on our side. we had second row seats, and they were pretty damn good.
it almost seemed as if nick was singing to me, the way he held eye contact with me.
this excited me in so many ways, why was the nick carter singing to me?
i shrugged it off, he has to do that to the fans. he does that at every concert, and it was nothing out of the normal. however, my heart was still racing; praying there was another reason he was singing to me. (although i knew better than to think that)
all of the sudden nick ran off stage in between songs. the whole crowd didn't know what was happening, but he soon came back on.
the next song was one of my favorites, back to your heart. this one had been my favorite since i first heard it on the millennium album.
the song had started, and for some reason the girls all around me were screaming.
yes, i understand that's normal at a concert. but this was very random, and they all seemed to direct their attention towards something in the audience.
"can you see anything?" i asked gwen.
we were both on our tippy toes, trying to see if we could figure out what was happening.
a lady dressed in black pants and a black shirt was parting the crowd of girls, forcing them to let her through.
she was looking around, almost as if she was looking for someone in particular.
her eyes met mine, and it looked as if a light bulb had gone off above her head.
"miss, hello miss. would you like to go on stage while they sing i'll never break your heart?" she leans in closer to my ear before whispering, "nick requested that i pick you."
what the hell.
the nick carter wanted to sing to me. there had to be something more to it. maybe he mixed me up with another girl.
i was so in shock i realized i didn't answer her.
gwen shouts in excitement, "hell yes she would!"
"great hun." the lady smiles and takes my hand walking me through the sea of fans.
i look back at gwen almost hyperventilating. "holy shit." i mouth to her.
she had pure excitement in her eyes for me.

i was currently backstage, and the lady who's name was karen had told me that i'll never break your heart was next.
there were four other girls picked, and i got to chatting with them.
there names were vivi, anika, maddy, and aaliyah.
they were all very sweet and gorgeous, and i ended up trading phone numbers with them.
"i'm so nervous!" vivi freaked. i'm pretty sure she was chosen for kevin, anyways they would look so good together.
"alright ladies, it's time." karen smiles.
we all look at each other and giggle, we were fan girling so hard.
we walked out onto the stage, and the first thing i did was look for gwen. i smiled and waved at her.
anika had gone to brian, maddy went to aj, vivi went to aj, and aaliyah went to howie.
that left nick.
i smiled widely as i walked over to him, he returned the smile and it sent butterflies to my stomach.
he held his hand out and waited for me, when i got to him he grabbed it and brought it to his lips, kissing it.
i blushes and grinned even wider.
his arms engulfed me in a hug, and he whispered in my ear, "sit down hun."
i nodded my head.
that was by far the best hug i had ever had.
brian sang his solo, and nick did small dance moves around me making me laugh.
he held a rose in his hand, and it made the whole thing look more romantic.
the chorus came, and nick started to sing.
he sang passionately and held the rose in his hand, he was down on a knee in front of me.
i smiled in awe the whole time, how could someone be so perfect.
aj sang the beginning of the next verse, and nick came in close to me.
"wait for me backstage for the rest of the show." and winked.
i smiled. "of course."
wow, was this really happening?
nick continued to sing the song, and i fell in love with him even more if possible.

after the show

i had been waiting backstage on a couch, and karen was near by all show. she was a very sweet lady.
"you know something?" she asks and i shake my head no.
"nick has never asked for a specific girl to sing to, better yet he's never asked them to stay backstage. i think something's going on with you two." she winks.
a blush creeps across my cheeks. "i doubt that, ms."
"no really, he likes you zoe. i promise."
"thank you karen."

the show had ended, and my anxiety was through the roof.
i was about to meet nick face to face.

hehehe! there will be a part two coming some time soon. ;)

-em ♡

-em