i'll never break your heart ✧ brian

takes place: 1998 (brian's 18)
based off of: i'll never break your heart by backstreet boys
y/e/c = your eye color
y/h/c = your hair color
summary : 17 year old y/f/n just got out of a terrible relationship, and she's in a "guys suck" phase. she can't trust boys anymore, and she's nowhere near ready for a relationship. the last place she wanted to be was at her cousins wedding, celebrating love. that is, until she meets brian littrell at the wedding, the groom's single brother.

her dress for the wedding:

i sighed. this was the last place on earth i wanted to be. i was surrounded by couples, and even worse, one was getting married.
don't get me wrong, i love my cousin a lot, i'm just over trying to fall in love.
i just got out of a relationship with a jackass, he was very abusive physically and mentally.
i was convinced that all guys were terrible, and there was no way i could trust one.
i watched the happy couple as they shared their first dance of the night. the song "because you loved me" by celine dion was filling the room.
stupid love songs.
i walked back over to the table where my parents and sister were sitting.
"you doing okay?" my sister asks. i lightly smile an nod my head.

brian's pov

"look at her." i say, turning to face my brother.
he had just got hitched, and i was super happy for him, although i didn't have too good of luck with love myself.
harold, my brother, turns his head to look at the girl i was rambling on about.
his eyes widen, and i can't help but ask what's wrong.
"look bri, i'm sorry, but she won't even glance your way. she just got out of a terrible relationship and she's convinced that all dudes are jerks. sorry bro."
i shake my head.
never could i ever get how a man could mistreat a woman, especially one as beautiful as her.
"no but you don't understand, i would treat her so well. i just don't get how any guy could do that."
harold chuckles and shakes his head. "good luck, then."
my eyes never leave her.
she's dressed in a light blue dress, and it makes her look stunning.
she had y/e/c eyes and y/h/c hair, she was the definition of gorgeous.
she sat their at the table, and she definitely didn't look too happy.
i sighed, i wanted to go over there and ask her to dance.
her parents and sister got up to go get something to eat, and i knew this was my chance.
i stood up and flattened out my suit, i was a groom's man so i was forced to wear it. it made me appear classy, and i did like that.
i slowly walked over to her, gaining up courage to talk to the beautiful girl sitting a few feet away from me.
i casually sat down next to her, and her attention was on me.
"hey, you looked a bit bored." i smile.
she looks unamused. "i'm fine."
i make a mental note that she's definitely not gonna be easy to impress, but i was willing to try my hardest.
"i'm brian. brian littrell." i give her my hand.
she gives a light smile, and shakes my hand.
"the groom's brother."
i nod my head.
"i'm y/f/n."
"nice to meet you y/f/n. listen, i'm not another guy just trying to get you home, i wanna get to know you."
she chuckles. "didn't know those existed."
i laugh at her comment. "where are you from?" i ask genuinely curious.
"georgia. we flew here. where are you from?"
"i'm from lexington, kentucky." i smile at her.
"i've heard it's nice down there." she smiles back.
"it is. now i understand if you don't want to, but would you like to dance? this is one of my favorite songs." i state, i'll make love to you by boys II men was playing.
i reach out my hand, wondering if she'll take it.
she definitely looks hesitant, but then puts hers in mine.
they fit together perfectly, and it was such a great feeling. her hand felt like it was made just for mine.
we got up and went to the wood floor, some older couples were dancing right now.
i looked over to see one of her family members staring at us with a big grin on their face.
i smile back at the lady and wrap my hands around her waist.
y/n's eyes go wide, and she mumbles an "i'm sorry" before slipping right through my hands.
she runs through the room and into a long hall, everyone's eyes are on her.
i quickly follow her, i needed to make sure she was okay.
i found her sitting against a wall, her head in her hands. tears were streaming down her cheeks.
"damn." i mumbled, i hated seeing girls cry.
i walked over and crouched down in front of her, her head lifted up and her eyes met mine.
"brian, please just go away. the last thing i need right now is a guy." she sighs.
"hey, its okay. please don't cry. it seriously hurts me to see you like this. but please just promise me you'll listen to what i have to say, alright?" she nods her head.
"i'm never gonna break your heart, i can't even imagine doing something like that to someone like you. i know you've fell for men who weren't how they appeared, but i'm gonna be one to stick around. please just give me a chance."
i state.
"i'm sorry brian." she looks down. "but i just can't trust you right now. you seem nice, and it's nothing to do with you. it's not personal." she looks at me.
"i'll never break your heart. i can tell you're different, and i'm not gonna give up on you that easily. please know that i would treat you so much better than anyone in your past has. just trust me, y/n. i'm never gonna make you cry, and if i do, it'll be tears of happiness."
i poured out my feelings to her.
she laughs, "that was the sweetest thing anyone has ever said to me." she grabs the back of my neck and brings her lips to mine, taking me by surprise.
i smile and kiss back, i could definitely get used to this.

ughh i love brian so much!!♡

-em