Childhood Friends (Attack on Titan// Levi Ackerman Fanfiction)

DISCLAIMER: This is the most asked question I've had on this story so I'll clarify -

This story was written long before Isayama revealed Levi's age so I took creative liberty and assigned him an age.

In the current timeline, Levi is 25 and Nora is 20.

When they first met, Levi was 15 and Nora was 10.

They are 5 years apart. Nora is slightly older than the other recruits (I believe they are 15/16 in the current timeline). This is important, because it makes Nora reasonably age appropriate for any character as a partner.

_____

"Levi! Levi look!"  a bumbling girl calls, dark brown curls dancing on her shoulders. "Look how pretty!" she exclaims, holding up a pale yellow daisy.

"Very pretty," he replies, voice drawl as usual. She didn't seem to mind, though.

"Can I put it in your hair?" she asks, the green hues of her hazel eyes coming through more in the sun. His grey eyes look up at her from under his black lashes.

"No," he says simply, the sun illuminating his pale skin.

"Please?" she asks, eyes wide and lips curled into a pouting face.

"Must you?" he asks with a sigh.

"It'd look so pretty in your hair!"

"No."

"Please?"

"Here,"  he sighs again, taking the delicate flower from her small hands. "It looks better in your hair," he says, gently tucking it behind her ear, repositioning her curls to hold it down. "Especially with your Sina clothes."

She smiles brightly at the young man in front of her. "Thank you, Levi!"

Another sigh comes from the young man. "You're welcome, Nora."

~~

"Levi, are you awake?" Commander Erwin asks, knocking on the door to Levi's bedroom. "We're supposed to be leaving to go meet the new recruits."

"It's a surprise new recruits are even joining," the raven haired man replies, voice as bored as always. Commander Erwin enters his room.

"I see you're dressed already. But laying down?" the blonde head of the Survey Corps looks questionably at the young Captain.

"Daydreaming, is all."

"I never took you for one to daydream," Erwin chuckles, extending his hand to the sleepy eyed Levi. "Although I am sorry to interrupt your slumber, as I said before, we must get going."

"I have other things to do, Commander," he sighs. "Besides, I'd rather not see a bunch of brats pissing themselves when they join us."