Chapter 2

Walking down the hall I looked desperately for Dustin but couldn't find him. Just then I felt my phone buzz and pulled it out to see who had text me.
     Dustin- Hey where r u?
    Me - Looking for u.
    Dustin- Im in AP Physic already I saved u a seat next to me.
    Me- Okay omw <3
     Looking at the time I realized it was 9:43. Shit. Only two minutes til the bell rings and Physics is on the other side of the school. I looked up seeing most students disperse into the classrooms noticing that there weren't many teachers around I decided to take my chances at running to class. Hopefully I'll make it, being late to second period on the first day was not impressive. I began to take my chances and sprint down the hallway. I was about to reach the door when the bell rang, I turned into the door hoping the teacher would disregard me.
    "Miss Radford, late on the first day I see?" the familiar Mrs. O'Connor spoke.
    "Unfortantually, I'm sorry Mrs. O'Connor." I said apologetically.
    "Don't let this become a problem Mrs Radford." she said miotioning for me to sit.
    "Yes ma'am" I spoke taking a seat in the middle of the room next to Dustin. Dustin eyeing me mouthed 'Are you okay'. I rolled my eyes as I mouthed back 'Not really'. He looked at me confused as I turned around tuning in to the lesson.
    Thirty minutes into class Dustin threw a note on my desk. I unfolded the flimsy paper and read:
       What happened? Is he in your first class? 
I smiled at the concern my friend offered for me and scribbled a response for him.
      No Chase isn't the problem. It's a different asshole. I'll talk to you about it later.
      I tossed the note back to Dustin who unraveled it quickly, looked it over then began to write. When the note was returned to me I read;
     Okay babe. On a different note do u see the hottie two seats behind us??
       Turning around I saw a very attractive thin but built guy, he had messy light brown hair and hazel eyes that looked recognizable; but I couldn't understand why I had obviously never met him. His lips were pouty and full, while his jaw was chiseled and beautifully sculpted. He had a partially visible tattoo which sat on his upper arm. He wore ripped jeans and a black nirvana tee, he was attractive but too boyish for me. Definitely Dustin's type.
     Looking back over to Dustin I smiled and began scribbling onto the note.
     Definitely ur type. Go for it!!
     I folded the paper back up quietly and tossed the note over to Dustin, missing his desk it hit the floor.
     Mrs. O'Connor arched a brow looking dead at me, and began to walk over to me. Shit she saw me throw it. Hovering over me she bent down and picked up the small folded piece of paper. She unfolded it and looked it over. Mrs. O'Connor was well known for her bitchiness; the class was quiet and listen intently to what she would say.
    "Miss Radford who was the respiantpant of this note."she hissed eyeing me.
     In a calm voice I responded "No one; Its my note I wrote it myself."
Someone from behind snickered and she looked up glaring.
      "Miss Radford this is a conversation, who was the other person?" she said pressing me.
      "It's not a conversation it's my thoughts that's all." I said in a panic. I could feel all eyes on me, and out of the corner of my eye I could see Dustin looking at me with a sad expression.
     "Oh really" Mrs O'Connor said turning around, I quickly looked at Dustin who began to raise his hand. I glared at him mouthing Put your hand down. He looked in distress and I smiled mouthing It's fine, and turned my attention back to Mrs. O'Connor. She reached the front of the room pivoting back around and looking at me, then she spoke.
   "Well Miss Radford if these are your thoughts then why don't you come up here and share them with the class?" she looked at me with a malicious smile.
     My eyes grew wide thinking about the mockery and laughs the class would respond with; too embarrassing no way in hell am I doing that.
    "No" I said noticing the angry in my own tone. She lifted a thin arched brow and stared daggers through me. Glaring back in defiance I started to regret what I had gotten myself into. No way was Mrs. O'Connor going to let me off with just a slap on the wrist.
     "Well then, first your late, then you disrupt my class by past notes and now you disrespect me-" she paused frustration pouring from her eyes.
     "I think you've earned two days of detention, Miss Radford." she said through clenched teeth.
   Great. She began to walk to her desk and write out a detention slip.
Walking back over to me she placed the slip on my desk and I looked it over as she turned.
   "Umm you said two days not three.' I hissed at her. She turned around smiling.
   "Do you want to make it four." She turned to start walking again but stopped and looked at me again.
     "Oh and- don't be late, detention starts after school and 3:15." She smiled and turned walking back up to the front of the classroom, starting her lesson again.
      My jaw hung open. What a fucking bitch. My hands itched for me to hit her, I'm already in trouble might as- I stopped myself from finishing the thought. I can't do that, no way I would get in a shit ton of more trouble and probably be arrested.
    I tuned her out the rest of class and counted the minutes until lunch. The bell rang cutting off whatever the fuck Mrs. O'Connor was saying, and I leaped to my feet racing out of the classroom. Dustin raced up beside me apologizing.
     "It's fine really." I said half-heartedly he looked at me intensely.
    "Your pissed." He stated flatly.
    "She's just a bitch, and it pissed me off that's all, I'm not mad at you." I looked at him and gave a smile then lifting my hand I waved away the conversation. We turned into the lunch room and took our place in the lunch line.

                           *********
    We took a seat at an empty picnic table outside, it was sunny with a slight breeze. Sitting across the table from Dustin I could see a familiar face walking towards us. I smiled at Dustin waiting for the stranger to reach us.
    "Hey"
     Dustin jumped two inches off his seat and turned around quickly, I saw his stare linger over the figure before he turned back to me with a giddy smile and a completely red face. It was the hottie from AP Physic.
    "Umm I'm Peyton Rider." he spoke before sitting beside Dustin.
    "I'm Danny and this is Dustin." I said trying to hide the smile tugging at my lips.
    "So uh I'm curious about something-" Peyton said bringing a small folded piece of paper out of his pocket. "-I saw you staring at me in class just now and I wanted to know if you'd let me take you out sometime?" He held the unfolded piece of paper towards me and glancing down I realized it was the note from the previous class.
    "How'd you get that." Dustin finally spoke up.
    "The bitch left it on her desk and I was curious" he smirked.
    I looked at Dustin with his eye's wide and his face now even redder than before. Looking back at Peyton he was smiling like someone had just told him the funniest joke in the world.
    "Me?" I squealed. Peytons eyes shifted from me to Dustin.
    "Nah, not you." He said staring at Dustin with a smirk playing on his lips. Dustin turned to look at him with an incredible blush covering his face. Just as Dustin began to open his mouth to say something, a classmate tapped on Peyton's back.
   "Hey man, your brother's beating some kid up." He huffed as though he was out of breath.
    "Shit" Peyton cursed as he stood from his seat and placed his hand on Dustin's shoulder and leaned to his ear.
    "Laters." Dustin's face turned a neon red as Peyton picked up his bag and began to walk towards the school with the unfamiliar senior. I looked back to Dustin who was staring at me with wide eyes.
    "Holyshit."