Chapter six:

Emmet stared out of the glass into space once more. "Hey Emmet, can you help me with something?" Rex called, cutting off Emmet's thought. "Yea sure" Emmet replied as he walked into the room of the ship where Rex was. Rex was sitting on the floor, trying to fix a damaged wire. "Can you send me that tape there?" Rex pointed to it as Emmet nodded, sending it to him. "Thanks," Rex said as he then began fixing the wires. Emmet sat crossed-legged beside Rex, bored, as Rex noticed this.

"So...any idea where you want to go first?" Rex said as Emmet shrugged. "I'm okay with anywhere," Emmet said, not paying much attention. Rex noticed this and huffed a bit. "...hey, it's for the best anyways; people need time to cool off," Rex said as he patted Emmets back. "I guess..." "Hey, did you see Lucy's face when she realised you weren't lying?" Rex smirked a bit as he got up and went to the control room. 

"Yeah, she was so surprised," Emmet replied, smiling a bit as he followed. They then began to laugh. "Trust me, when you go back, you're all going to most likely laugh at this," Rex said as he got up to pilot the ship again. "When I come back...as if you're not there?" Emmet raised an eyebrow as he followed.

"Yeah, I'm not going back there; they actually hate me," Rex shrugged. "Well, you did trick me into almost destroying the entire... galaxy," Emmet said awkwardly, and Rex agreed just as awkwardly. "But...you did say your sorry.." "...did I?" Rex turned actually confused. "yea...right?" Emmet said as they both thought harder. "You know, now that I think of it, you didn't..." "Well, I am!" Rex whined, still focused on driving.

"I wanted to because everyone forgot about me and I was angry, okay?" He added a frown. "Don't you think that was a bit too much, though?" Emmet tilted his head, confused. "What was?" "Wanting to destroy the universe because your friends forgot about you..." "Well, at the time, I didn't think it was.." "Yeah, but you could have just made new friends." "Can we just drop this, please?!" Rex yelled.

"Fine sheesh, I think you woke up on the wrong side of the ship today, older me," Emmet crossed his arms. "That's the problem; I don't remember when I slept because I just appeared out of nowhere-" "Wait, what's that?" Emmet said as he pointed to something not far ahead of them. Rex inched the ship closer to get a better look. "It's, uh, a broken piece of metal?" Rex said it was confusing as they slowed down to stare at it.

The piece of metal was way larger than the ship and had an abnormal break in it, almost as if it were a giant bite of some sort... "That's weird. I've never seen a piece break like this.." Rex told Emmet as he looked scared. "Let's just head out. This thing freaks me out.." Emmet mumbled as Rex nodded as he drove past it. They smiled at one another, relieved, not noticing the other broken piece of metal hidden behind the bigger one.

"...WATCH OUT!" Emmet screamed to Rex just before it hit the ship, breaking the engine and making them plummet.

"Oh no were dead!" Emmet cried, "Not yet; there seems to be a planet just below us! Thanks for writing that in Issy~" Rex grinned as he... acknowledged me...whoa..u-m anyways-

Rex checked the location panel: "It says it's some sort of glass planet.." "I don't care what it is!! what are our possibilities of living?!" Emmet screamed. Rex went to go check, but the systems shut down. He laughed awkwardly as they both began to scream.

"Brace for impact!" Rex warned as he squeezed his eyes shut. Emmet, being dramatic, thought through what he wanted his last words to be, and finally he came up with some. "If we die, I hope Lucy knows I'm sorry and that I miss her and that I love her!" He was then cut off as the ship landed, well, crashed landed.

Rex was the first to come out of the pile of broken bricks, carrying Emmet out right after. "Hey, look, we didn't die," Emmet laughed as he then fainted. Rex rolled his eyes as he put on his helmet. trying to find any source of life, quickly his helmet received a notification. "Hey, Emmet, wake up!" Rex snapped in Emmet's ear, waking him up.

"Lucy?" Emmet woke up happily, "mmm...nope, sorry," Rex replied as Emmet frowned. "We have good news and bad news though," Rex said as Emmet sat up. "I'm guessing the good news is that we're still alive." Emmet sighed in relief. "That, and there seems to be life here. Whoa, they got a whole city and all!" Rex said it almost too excitedly. "I wanna see!" Emmet then jumped up, and Rex took off his helmet and put it on Emmet as he saw the facts through the helmet's glass monitor.

"Whoaaa..." "The bad news, though, is that we don't have a ship, food, or water, and walking there is going to take a while." Rex said as Emmet frowned. "Well, is there anything close by?" Emmet asked. "Not that I see since we're in the middle of nowhere," "hey, look, a bar!" Emmet then pointed behind Rex. "Oh wow, just...in the middle of nowhere-" "Let's go!" Emmet said as he started walking towards it.

They both looked at it amazed; it was see-through for most of it in bright purple and pink shades. "Okay, so the plan is to try to get someone to drive us to the city, where we can get money and a ship," Rex told Emmet as he nodded. "alright...here goes nothing-" "-HEY GUYS, WHO WANTS TO GIVE US A RIDE!" Emmet cheered as he burst through the front door, leaving Rex shocked.

The whole bar fell silent as Rex turned to Emmet in shock at what he had just done. Emmet looked down at the ground, instantly regretting his outburst of courage as he mumbled sorry.

"This is going to be a long trip," Rex thought to himself nervously.