Chapter eight:

Rex sat at the bar tiredly as Emmet sat awkwardly beside him. "I said I was sorry..." Emmet mumbled as he drank his drink. "It doesn't matter, I dont think anyone would have gave us a ride anyways.." Rex responded. "That's not true, someone bought me a drink" Emmet gestured to his cola as Rex shrugged.

"We need to find a way to get out of here..." Rex then spoke as Emmet agreed frowning. "ATTENTION EVERYONE" a voice then called on a mic as Emmet and Rex turned towards the noise. On a small stage not far away from them stood a guy with a mic. "..was he there before?" Emmet questioned. "NEED A WAY TO GET OUT OF HERE?" The man then asked.

"Yes!" Emmet answered as Rex hushed him. "THEN LOOK NO FURTHER" the man said as Emmet hopped in his seat excitedly. "What is this like a contest or something?" Rex said confused. "THIS IS A CONTEST OR SOMETHING" the man then said as Rex rolled his eyes.

"PEOPLE HAVE THE CHANCE TO PARTICIPATE IN A ARM WRESTLING COMPETITION, ONE LUCKY WINNER WILL WINNNN..." the man said as he gestured to the window which everyone turned to. Behind the window, a truck was seen that was now being shined down on by a spotlight. "A 2019 CHEVY SILVERADO!" the man said as everyone gasped in amazement.

"A 2019 Chevy Silverado?! That's like...way better than the 2018 one!" Emmet said as Rex smiled at him confused. "Well lets join then!" Rex said as he stood up with Emmet following right behind. "Okay the rules are simple, you can only use one hand and the first one to go down loses, we dont want any fighting either so...dont be a sore loser" a girl explained as Rex and Emmet nodded.

"Alright, since you all understand the rules, the first two up are: Betsy B.." the girl announced as the whole bar cheered, "And...Emmet Brickowski" the girl said after as the bar grew silent except for a faint cheer from Rex. Everyone then turned to Emmet, "Heh...Hi" He stated waving shyly. The crowd then moved aside as Emmet walked up to the table where the other opponent was already sitting. "Don't worry, you got this" Rex patted his back as Emmet nodded.

"Hello, you must be Betsy B" Emmet said as he raised his hand out to shake hers, she only replied in a grunt as she grabbed a firm hold of his hand. "Oh...kay" He smiled as he shook her hand happily. "Alright, first one down loses" The girl said as everyone crowded around, "Don't worry about not winning but just remember, we got no where to go if we dont win this..." Rex smiled awkwardly, "not a problem, this will be a piece of cake, I am a master breaker after all..." Emmet said as he turned his focus back to Betsy. "Alright, three...two...one-go!" the girl said bored as Betsy slammed Emmet's hand down, making the table break upon impact of Emmet's hand being slammed down on it, sending Emmet to the ground instantly. 

Everyone gasped for a second before cheering. "Are you okay?!" Rex asked scared as Emmet sat up dizzy. "No, i'm EmmEt" his head spun as Rex helped him up. "So...maybe arm wrestling isn't your strongest point...no biggie" Rex said as Emmet agreed rubbing his arm in pain. "Alright, next up is Big Al and Rex Dangervest" the announcer announced again. "Alright, lets hope I dont get out right away" Rex winked to Emmet as he nodded worried.

Rex sat down as he waited for his opponent. "Are you nervous?" Emmet whispered to him as he shrugged not really caring, "Eh, I've been arm wrestling since forever i'm pretty sure I can take anyone on anyways, especially 'Big Al'-" Rex said before his opponent sat down, lifting Rex off of his chair for a second. Rex looked up at the giant as he giant looked down at Rex annoyed. Emmet gulped a bit, "Pft, piece of cake..." Big Al mumbled. "Alright lets get this over and done with..." Rex mumbled as they got ready, "In three...two...one" the girl said as they began.

Big Al seemed to be struggling with moving Rex's hand as Rex sat there unamused, after a second Big Al took a breather. "You done?" Rex then questioned as he slammed down Big Al's hand easily. The whole crowd gasped, including Emmet, not long after they all erupted into cheering. "That was awesome Rex!" Emmet smiled as Rex grinned. "This is gonna be easy" Rex said as Emmet nodded determined.