Summer of Blues

Beep beep. Beep beep. Beep Beep. Groaning, I smack the aggravating alarm clock to my left and peel my eyes open. Looking at the clock I see that it is 12:34 PM meaning if I do not get up now, I may never wake up until tomorrow. Sighing in defeat I push myself up from the bed, scoot out of warm blankets, and into the cold room. I grab both my arms to rub them as I walk into the bathroom linked to my room. My feet shuffle across the carpeted floor until rubbing against the even colder marble tile of the bathroom. Closing the door, I glance at myself in the body length mirror it holds behind it. Glancing at the only article of clothing I had on, my boxers, I remember the mess I made the night before that I simply left as I passed out. I groan again, knowing the pain it will be to peel off the dried boxers from my skin. With a small yelp I rip them off like a band aid and quickly throw them toward the pile of clothing next to the door. Damn those thoughts of a sexy, sweaty Alex Gaskarth.

"Jack," my mom yells from the front of my bedroom door, breaking my imagination from last night.

"Showering," I say in a monotone half yell as I roll my eyes. I open the glass door to the shower and hop in.

"Breakfast meeting when you are done," she continues yelling out before walking back down the stairs, into the dining room where everything is laid out and steaming.

I turn the water on, jumping back when it sneak attacks me with the first cold rush. Scrubbing down my naked, lanky body I think about my up coming birthday. I'm turning 19 and have nothing to really look forward to. Each year my parents arrange a simple birthday party which I invite a few close friends to. The guests arrive, we chat while we eat, I blow out the candles, open gifts, and everyone but my parents and I leave. Last year my parents agreed to let me go out to see a movie after the party with my friends, but that was the only real difference.

This year I have been hinting to them something much bigger, much better than all those years combined. All Time Low was touring the states and are performing but an hour away from where I reside. The date is conveniently my birthday, and what better way for me to celebrate. They have performed close before, but I never had a way to the concert, for my parents did not care to drag me an hour away just to see "some boy band." However, this year I finally got my license and a car, so there was no excuse except permission. I know my parents care about celebrating my birthday, but this is All Time Low. My heart races just thinking about them.

I let my mind slip further into the idea of All Time Low, specifically their singer Alex. This man has been on my heart and mind since I first found out about the band. His fluffy brunette locks that lightly wisp into his eyes, framing his face, are what I desire to run my fingers through. Those adorable eyes, they way the dark orbs sparkle during an interview are why I melt into a puddle on the floor. Though his lips are what I really crave. Each time he bites them, I can only imagine biting them for him. Biting lower and lower down his body.

I gasp as the water starts to turn cold, meaning my mom figures I have been bathing too long and cut the hot water valve off. I shiver and quickly wash off the rest of the soap in my hair, my hard on quickly sneaking away as I walk out to even colder air. I rush to get dry and dressed before walking downstairs, a little annoyed she did this right in the middle of my Alex time.

"About time," she chimed as she sat a plate down in front of my chair. I plop down into the seat and squint at her with a nod. She knows I hate the cold water trick because of how effective it is. She began it when I started taking hour showers for "me time" in the shower, and now uses it whenever she wants me to hurry too.

"We need to talk about your birthday, Jack," she continued as she sat down next to my father. Both sat in front of me, my dad too busy digging into the prepared food so he simply nods in agreement. They both look at me, though, when I huff and roll my eyes. This conversation never turns out how I want it because they are the ones planning it after all.

"Jack," she scolds before biting into a bit of her own food. "I know that you've been hinting at this All Time Low concert for a month now, but did you consider your friends missing out celebrating your birthday?"

"They are all going, mom," I quickly retorted. It was true. Everyone I was close with already had tickets and rides to go. They were counting on me going because it was for me after all. The plan was to celebrate my birthday at the one place I always want to be, with All Time Low.

"Oh," she said a little taken back. "What about grandma and grandpa?" She looked me over, noticing that I am not the slightest amused by that statement.

"Moooooom," I drag out in a childish voice, "grandma and grandpa hardly know where they are when they come over," I state. "Last year they thought I was their mailman Jared."

"But they still love to come," she says sounding a bit desperate to keep me home and where she can watch out for me.

"Mom, I do not know if you are aware, but I am turning 19, and I can drive myself there," I speak as I roll the eggs around on my plate. The conversation already has me losing my appetite. All I want is to go one night to see All Time Low, was it so hard? She sighs a little and looks over at my dad. He looks back at her with a saddened look.

"C'mon, Joyce," he speaks up, "it's Jack's 19th birthday and the start of summer break. He is planning on traveling up state to Matt's house for the summer, I think he can drive an hour to see this band."

I smile big and practically start wiggling in my seat from anticipation. My mom can never really turn my dad's reasoning down. I'm so glad I am not the only person with some sense this morning. I spoke to my dad in private about the situation, knowing mom was not too keen on me traveling at all. He agreed an hour was not a big deal and told of him seeing a few bands back in his day. He spoke of even traveling with one group on tour for a week simply for the hell of it. She agreed to me seeing my friend Matt, who moved up state for college, only on the condition I stop every hour or so to call. So why not this?

"Fine," she sighed in defeat. By this point my dad have even given her that look to let her know it will not be so bad with just the two of them at home.

"Oh mom," I smile and run around the table to hug her and my dad tight from behind, "thank you thank you." She half smiled and patted my head as she accepted the change of plans.

"No drinking when you get there, Jack," she finished as I ran off into my room to let everyone know the great news. I made sure to steal some bacon for snacking since I finally can stomach food at this new plan.

I rush to dial everyone going to the concert and let them know the great news. Each were happy and some screaming in my ear with the same pounding adrenaline I had. Knowing I was going to see All Time Low in just a few weeks meant I need to get ready and prepare. After all, if Alex sees me over the crowd, I want to stand out and know he is smiling back at me. This summer of blues just turned into a summer of All Time Low and I am pumped.