Chance in a Dream

It was time. I am freaking out. I am cursing up and down the long hallway waiting for the music to begin. Months have gone by without a single issue, but now I am nervous and my heart pounding. We organized the wedding perfectly to what Alex and I felt was us. The decorations were music themed as dark colors mixed with light, happier ones. This made it feel like, as Alex put it, "the song of our lives."

My parents and his parents got a long well. It took a while for me to meet Alex's parents, but they were extremely friendly and British. Sometimes after visiting them my words would string along with a British accent, making Alex only adore me more. We clicked better than either of us have with anyone, and that says a lot seeing as how close and similar to our close friends we were. Naturally the speed of our relationship was more progressive than most. Sometimes I would dwell on that, wondering if this was all too soon. However, when I look at Alex and who he is, there was no doubt in my mind that I had utterly fell in love with a rock star. This was any fan's dream, really, but I was more than a fan. I was his partner in crime, his lover. He was my world and whether he was famous or the least known man, I would love him even once death takes my last breath.

My thoughts are shaken by my mom smiling proudly at me. She softly whispers as we both hear the crowd stand and music begins to play. I swallow my stomach and put my mom's arm in my own, my face red and my nerves electrifying every movement. I shuffle a little, still getting used to my left foot in dress shoes. It has been a week since Alex has seen me, so as to spark even more marital magic at the honeymoon. I bother my bottom lip as two men swing the church doors wide open. A chorus of ohs and awes eco through the large, ancient building. My smile only widens at the sight of an extremely groomed Alex. I gasp to myself as my mom and I start descending down the aisle, noticing Alex's shorter hair. He can make anything so sexy and attractive. I glance around at the staring eyes beaming into my glow, making me float in the air like a feather. I carefully step through the flower petals, closer and closer to Alex. I lock eyes with him, his smile plastered more than I had ever seen. He was truly happy. We were truly happy.

I kiss my mom, her agreeing to hand me over to Alex. Alex grabs my hand softly, my skin pricking instantly in bolts of electricity. I flutter my eyes at him, and he can only smile more and exhale from nervousness too. We look at the preacher, him beginning the first steps into our new lives. Quickly, however, our eyes lock again. I sense the love. I feel the electrifying moment we stood in as relatives and loved ones surround us. The love of the room could not fill the love and desire we had for each other. This man went from one I could only dream of to a dream come true. I told him over and over this, and he always told me he dreamed of me. I would look puzzled at him, but he would tell me his dream was to meet someone who could love him just as much, someone to goof off with, someone to be serious with, and someone to care for the rest of his life. When he told me this, I began to cry. How could I be so lucky?

The preacher softly clears his throat for Alex to begin his turn. We were both caught in a sea of emotions and memories.

"Jack," was all Alex had to say for me to know he was crying and for me to realize the tears in my own eyes. The awes in the crowd only make Alex's hands shake more in mine. I soothingly thumb each hand, softly breathing with him as he pierces me with his smile. "We both know you are my number one fanboy," the crowd softly chuckles at this,"but what you may not know is, I'm your number one fanboy, too. I have been since I saw you at the meet and greet. I know meeting me was a dream, and winning the random selection was a chance in both our lives. A chance I gladly took in getting to know such a sweet, handsome man. I was wrong to think you were the only one dreaming of me because I was actually dreaming of you too. Jack, I want to be with you forever and I mean forever, death has no departure in this love we share." By now my sobs are evident to anyone, and Alex helps wipes the tears soothingly as he caresses my face. "This love, Jack, is a one in a life time. This love goes beyond two men because we are two pieces fitted together with a chance. A force that I am forever grateful for. So, Jack, I want you to know that I am ready to take this chance, this chance in a dream we both had, with you in all strides and angles in life. All paths and aspirations. I am yours, and you are my half to make me whole. I promise to you, my entirety for eternity."

I forcibly stop the tears to flow, choking on my own words to respond to his own. He captured every aspect of how he feels so beautifully. I was able to truly see how he felt, how we both feel together. As I stumble through my own, our hands lock tight. I never want to let go of this man who never let go of me through all these months. He took a fan and turned me into a husband. This is one of the biggest dreams come true. Not only to meet your biggest hero, but to find your whole. As we exchange the rings so perfectly fit for us, I have to force myself not to cling onto Alex. It's been so long.

"Do you, Alex, take Jack to be your lawfully wedded husband to have and to hold until death shall you part?"

"I do."

"And do you, Jack, take Alex to be your lawfully wedded husband in both sickness and in health, until death shall you part?"

"I do."

"I now pronounce you husband and husband, you may now kiss." They were not able to finish fast enough as Alex and I jump into each others arms, kissing soft and loving. The fireworks spraying onto the crowd as they cheer and throw flowers. Alex pulls back to look me in the eye, his heart pounding against my chest. The air is vibrant with affection and joy. His eyes are wide, darker as the air around us heats up in passion as husbands. I hear the sound around us fade into nothing, and it was just Alex and I again. He holds my hand up to kiss my ring, making me blush deep scarlet. I breathe out, still nervous as his gaze captures my very soul. The soul he owns. I watch his lips carefully move, repeating the words over and over in my head as a daze of reality. A daze of equal grounds. A daze of love.

"You're my chance in a dream."