Lost in Stereo

He hugs me tight, goofy smile still on his face as he looks me in the eyes. My heart begins to find itself back inside my chest just to melt into his hands.

"A-Alex," I stutter and mentally slap myself at the nervousness I have near this human being. He chuckles and nods, wrapping his arm around my shoulders, and leads us into a room off to the side. I glance back at all the envious fans behind me, my eyes still not back to normal width.

"So, dude, it's your birthday! How ya feelin'?" Rian pipes up. I breathe out harshly and put my arm shakily around Alex for comfort. He still is latching to my side, smiling at my unbelievable reaction to seeing them.

"I-I.. I'm 19.. woo," I say before half ass laughing and darting my eyes to Alex. He is simply nodding, squeezing my shoulders to let me know we are all human in here.

"You can chill, man, I promise I don't bite much," Alex says into my ear, everyone else laughing. I notice Zack, his muscular arms crossed as he leans against the wall close to the sofa on the right. Rian is in front of Alex and I, his bright smile almost blinding in the light. Back in the corner is two security guards just to make sure I am not too crazy, but I feel I qualify to be kicked out already.

"I-I'm sorry, I just wasn't expecting this.. damn," I breathe out in a rush. Alex steps away and reaches for the phone in my pocket. He makes my skin burst into goosebumps head to toe, my skin hot yet I am frozen to the ground. He smiles big, turning it to the camera and recording. He looks directly into it before leaning his head against mine, hugging my waist. Rian and Zack come into frame and they all begin to sing me happy birthday. I smile, suddenly relaxing at this kind gesture. I giggle and sway with the three of them like we are all good pals. He ends the recording after he blows a kiss to the camera.

"Stay cute," he says as Rian and Zack take their turn hugging to me, us all posing together so Alex can snap pictures of us. He takes one with me with just Rian and then Zack.

"Aw, you finally good man?" Zack chuckles as he takes the camera from Alex to let Alex get pictures with this shy, tall, lanky me. I smile big, running my hands through my flattening hair.

"I'm good," I simply reply before hugging to Alex tight. Alex laughs as the pictures are taken, I breathe in his scent. He smells of light sweat and a cologne that suits him well.

"Hey Jack," is all I hear before Alex starts kissing me for the camera. At least I can only imagine for the camera. My heart pounds, my arms latch tighter to the man as my legs become jello. Oh my god. He pulls away but notices my astonished face. He gasps and turns to Zack, pointing to my chest with a smile.

"I think I broke the man," he laughs out a little. I felt drunk with love and those light hearted laughs only further the emotion. I can only sheepishly smile as I lean into him, my mind completely numb now.

"Awww, smile," both Rian and Zack say before taking the last photo.

"Alright alright, guys, the other fans are waiting," one of the security guards pipes up. All of them awe, apparently enjoying me as a blushing incoherent mess.

"Okay, but Jackie," Alex starts before turning to me and handing me a few autographs and their latest CD that the security guard handed over, "make sure to be in the front so I can see that cute face again." I simply blush and nod, my mind too fragile right now to speak. The security guard steps in to escort me out, and I glance back at a waving group of men with plastered smiles. I did not expect this in the slightest. I did not expect such affection from none other than Alex fucking Gaskarth. I stumble into the rest of the crowd who begin screaming as All Time Low steps out for everyone else this time. The previous security begins to get everyone in groups to organize meeting them.

I sit stupidly against the stage wall, watching and listening to everything pouring out of the fans mouths jumbling up. Everyone was nervous and lost in happiness over these three guys. I notice Alex glancing over at me whenever he could, giving me a small nod or wave. My mind is mush and my heart is left on Alex's sleeve. Once everyone got their time with the band, there was a little room for anyone to go up for a few quick shots or chat with them. I could not get my jello called legs to move, so I simply stare. I stare at the most gorgeous man I have ever seen, and at times he stares back at me. I could feel a connection, but I am just Jack Barakat. I am not a hot stud like Alex. Last minute Alex made his way to me, giving me a small hug.

"Front row," he reminds me before running off to join Rian and Zack as they exit the room. I slump further against the wall. Though I may not be screaming like everyone else, I was mentally screaming. Where was all this attention coming from? I watch them fade into the tunnels as the security guards announce we need to head back to get ready for the performance. And Alex wants me in front row. Woah.

* * *
The room we all stood in was pitch black, only the rows illuminating with a soft glow so people could get to their seats. Everyone was chatting and all of our hearts were on the line waiting in anticipation. The group of fans I was with were first to get in, but thankfully my friends were right behind me. I was first row, per Alex's request. Whether he suggested it or not I still would want to be here. There was thankfully not much room between us and the stage, though guards were watching us closely in the dark. The stage lit up with a soft glow of light, the banner All Time Low flew down to touch behind Rian's drums. Lights started to turn on, letting us know that they were about to come on. Music was playing in the background to which we all sang along to.

"Are you ready?" Alex shouts to the crowd from backstage. His voice booms through the amps placed all along the stage. The crowd screams and starts jumping, the energy making us all jump along. I just met the guys, but I felt like I was seeing them for the first time when they all step out on stage. I gasp and the screams only get louder. Alex's hair is everywhere and it's perfect. He stands center stage, just above me, and smiles at the crowd as he shouts into the mic again. Glancing along the fans in front row, he spots me and he winks with a huge grin.

"This is for a special birthday boy tonight," Alex excitedly announces as the music kicks off. His eyes never leave mine as he announces it. My mouth is open and I feel tears lightly flow in realization. The band is doing this for me. At least, I am sure it is me. I am the only birthday boy they met, right? Everyone starts to scream and dance, Zack and Alex singing as they encourage the hype of the crowd. Rian is behind them twirling his sticks skillfully as they clash with his drums along with the song. I can not help but to dance and scream the lyrics with them, knowing this is for me. I can not believe what an amazing birthday this turned out to be.

"And I've been waiting for so long
But he'll never know
I'm losing hope 'cause he's so
Lost in stereo, lost in stereo."