Dream Come True

The week came and went in a lazy haze with every day goofing off with a few friends down at the local pool and gym. I have taken it upon myself to get as fit as I can for this Friday's concert. Not only will I need to be able to jump the highest in the crowd, but I need to be able to push my way onto the stage. I have been binge watching interviews and music videos. Practicing every song from all of their albums to make sure I can sing along to any song they throw at us. At night I take a break and read some reader x Alex fanfiction for good measure.

To be honest I am both nervous and dying for the concert. I do not know what type of tickets my parents have bothered to get me, but either way I hope I can make my way close enough to feel the band's hands or clothing. I want to make myself more than just the crowd. I want to be apart of the group. I want to talk to Alex, Rian, and Zack like normal pals. I want to hang with them on tour and travel across country like it is no big deal. I especially want to see Alex's house. Though I know this is only a dream of mine, seeing them in person will only further this desire. Why can I not just be more to them than a fan?

I hear light knocking at my door and I practically jump from the scare. I am laying on my bed, my left leg bent and my right leg across it, and wearing a Gaskarth T-shirt and some boxers. I quickly cover my lower half with a blanket.

"Come in," I say to whoever is at my door. I stay laid against my fluffy pillow and pause the music video playing on my cell phone. All Time Low, of course.

"Jack," my mom spoke with a grin, looking at me with intense joy. She was practically bursting with whatever she had to say.

I sit up, the bed creaking underneath me, running my fingers through my flattened hair, and glance over at her. When I saw what she held in her hands, my heart crashed into my bedroom floor.

"All Time Low tickets," I practically gasp at her. My jaw is wide and my heart is pounding.

"Meet and Greet All Time Low tickets," she corrected.

I nearly doubled over in an extreme mental breakdown at the words she just spoke. My mind racing a mile a millisecond, I leap up and nearly jump into her arms. She laughs happily, hugging me tight and handing me the ticket and badge. I cup my hand against my mouth as tears start to flow. I look at the items in my hand and back at her as she nods. I gasp and fan my face a little, ignoring the fact I am still in my boxers. I sit against my bed and breathe in and out quickly. My heart pounds and I can not help but to shake my head in astonishment still crying.

"Mom," I breathe out before taking in a strangled breath from the crying.

"It's okay Jack, I know how much this means to you. Your dad and I decided that if you are going, you better do it right. Happy birthday honey," she spoke as she too starts tearing up at my reaction.

I could hardly hear her over all the pounding in my ear my heart was doing. I giggle out of both joy and necessity to calm myself some. I can not believe not only did my parents let me go to see All Time Low, but they made sure I will meet all of the band. This was my chance to hug all of them and let them know how important they are. Not only are they a gorgeous band with great music, but they help through some of the hardest times. Whether I was stressed over school, picked on, ignored, or recently dumped, they were there. The music and experience they tell in it speak to me and a lot of their fans. It makes a true connection that each party loves to share. All Time Low is not like a typical band you may think of, they actually care. They are not some stuck up band members who got handed a record label and caved into mainstream hype. They are a band that started out of high school and felt the struggles and the good times like us.

"I'll let you to it then," she said as she closed the door with a plastered smile. She knows how thankful I am. Until then she may not have realized how much it really did mean to me.

Flopping back onto my bed, I hug the ticket and badge to my chest. I think of everything I went through with All Time Low at my side. I think of everything I have felt because of them and all the hope that was brought from them. This meant so much to me that not even I could fathom how meeting these men would feel. With my heart still pounding, my teeth worrying my bottom lip with anxiousness, I close my eyes and begin to daydream of what meeting them will be like, the dream come true.