They Don't Mean It...Do They?

It was Saturday morning in the lair and Mikey had just woken up so he decided to go have breakfast.

He quickly left his room and was just about to walk into the kitchen when he heard his bros talking.

Should I listen?

"I don't know about you guys, but Mikey has seriously been getting on my shell lately." Raph grumbled.

Mikey paused in shock and crept behind the couch so he could still hear but he couldn't be seen.

"I know what you mean, he's really been annoying with the pranks and jokes." Leo added with scorn.

But... I was just trying to make you laugh.

"Ok...normally I wouldn't say this but Mikey needs to grow up, he destroyed my experiment last week!" Donnie chimed in.

I didn't mean too, I just wanted to help.

"Ugh, the little screw up has been messing up too much lately, he needs to change, like now." Raph muttered.

I don't mean to mess up, I just...

"For once, I agree with Raph, Mikey always screws around on patrol and always ends up causing us trouble, he needs to focus more."

I don't mess up that much...do I?

Mikey was almost in tears at this point and couldn't believe what he was hearing. But he completely froze when Raph said this...

"Ok...don't hate me here or anything but I honestly sometimes wish that Mikey wasn't our brother."

That did it. Mikey choked back tears as he slowly crept back to his room. He could hear Leo say something and paused before sniffling.

"Ok guys, that's enough... Mikey's going to wake up soon and I don't want him hearing this, it would crush him."

Bit late for that, Leo...

Mikey went into his room and flopped down on his bed, sniffing. Tears dropped from his eyes but he didn't bother to wipe them away.

"They don't mean it...do they?" He asked himself. "I don't mean to annoy them, I just want to make them happy."

He buried his face in his pillow and sobbed, soaking his orange mask. "W-Why would they s-say that?" He whimpered.

Mikey sniffed. He couldn't believe his bros really thought that about him, and it hurt...but maybe they were right.

"Maybe...Maybe I do need to focus more, yeah....then maybe I won't annoy them so much." Mikey said to himself.

He smiled and wiped his eyes. They couldn't see him crying or they'd really think he was a little kid.

"I need to change, it's the only way." He said softly. He finally went to the kitchen but paused in the doorway. His bros were there eating.

"Oh, hey Mikey." Leo greeted innocently as if nothing had happened. Mikey faked a smile.

"Hey dudes, um what's up?" Mikey asked, rubbing the back of his neck nervously. They had no idea...

"Just havin' breakfast, you gonna eat or what?" Raph asked, a bit annoyed. Mikey bit his lip and shook his head.

"Um, no I'm good." He replied. "I'm not hungry so I'm just going to get ready for patrol."

That wasn't exactly a lie. After hearing what his brothers said about him, he'd lost his appetite.

The brothers were shocked to say the least. Mikey never skipped breakfast, so that was kind of weird.

"Ok um are you feeling ok?" Donnie replied in confusion, thinking Mikey was sick or something.

"I'm fine D, just uh doing things differently today." He said awkwardly. Donnie shrugged. "That's fine, I guess."

Mikey quickly retreated back to his room and got ready for patrol, leaving his bros in the kitchen, shocked.

"Ok um that was weird." Leo murmured as he took a bite of bacon. "Mikey never skips breakfast."

Donnie bummed thoughtfully. "I know, it's...unusual for him, you think he's ok?" He asked.

Raph shrugged. "He seems ok, he probably ate a midnight snack or somethin'." He didn't seem concerned

After a half hour, it was time for patrol and Mikey had actually arrived earlier than normal. He wanted to impress his brothers.

"Mikey?" Leo spoke is surprise. "What are you doing here so early? Normally you take so long we end up being 10 minutes late for patrol patrol."

Mikey smiled and shrugged. "Oh, well I um just wanted to make sure I was ready, I didn't want to make you guys late."

A ghost of a frown emerged on his face. "Oh, well good job little brother." Leo praised, not noticing Mikey's fake smile.

Mikey smiled a real smile this time. He made Leo proud and that was great but he also wanted to make Raph and Donnie proud too!"

After Donnie and Raph were ready, they all went on patrol. Mikey was extremely quiet and stood as still as a statue.

Last time, Mikey talked so loudly and moved around so much that they got caught by the Kraang and got their shells kicked.

I really need to focus today, no pranks or jokes.

"Um, Mikey?" Leo spoke aloud but Mikey didn't hear him as he was trapped in his thoughts.

I can do this, no more messing up.

"Mikey." Leo spoke a little louder but Mikey still didn't hear him. He was too...focused?

I better make sure I fight my hardest today, then maybe my bros will see that I'm not such a burden.

"Mikey!" Leo shouted, gently shaking him as Mikey looked at him in confusion. "Oh um, yeah Leo?"

"Are you ok?" Raph asked. "Leo called you three times and you just stood there with a blank look on your face."

Mikey froze, unsure of what to say. "Um, I'm fine...I was just thinking about stuff, no worries bro."

"But what-" Donnie began before Mikey cut him off. "Shhh, Purple Dragons...6 o' clock!" He whispered.

Mikey never whispered

"Mikey, wait for us!" Raph yelled back as the Purple Dragons attacked. Mikey did a flip and pulled out his nunchucks.

They all started battling, but Mikey was almost perfect in his movements. He moved fast and was agile. It was like a whole new Mikey!

Mikey defeated every one of the Purple Dragons. Normally, during a battle Mikey would crack jokes and not really fight that much.

When the fight was over, everyone looked at Mikey in shock. "Um, good work Mikey, you were... really focused today." Leo praised.

Mikey smiled and gave a thumbs up and started walking back to the lair with his bros behind him, talking.

"Ok, that was really weird...Mikey has never fought that way before, he was acting so different." Leo spoke.

"Yeah...you don't think he heard us do you?" Donnie asked unsurely. "I don't thinking so, he doesn't seem upset."

Raph shrugged. "Who cares?" "I like this new Mikey, no annoying jokes or pranks." He said with a slight grin.

"Well, yeah that's...good too." Leo replied with a shrug. "I mean, he said he's ok so he's probably ok."

They then walked back to  the lair silently and Mikey smiled the whole way back. He'd made them happy.

"I'll make you proud bros, I promise."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A/N: Hey readers! So...looks like Mikey is having a rough time...but do his big bros really mean that?

Plz Comment and Vote!
Thx Enjoy!😘😍

~Kittymasterofall14
😘😍😊😂😇😺😸😻💖💋🐭🐢🍕