Swarming Emotions

This chapter is going to make you go on a rollercoaster of emotions!

*Offers punching bag and tissues*

I apologise in advance for making your heart strings suffer

~*~

The three older brothers stared at the box. It was filled to the brim with comic books, action figures and other things Mikey had 'thrown' away.

"This will definitely work...once he sees that we kept all his old stuff, he might see that we really do want to make things right." Leo said.

"I sure hope so." Raph muttered as he eyed the direction of Mikey's room. "Should we go in now?"

Donnie shook his head. "Later...he just saw us and he wanted time alone, remember? We'll do it later."

Meanwhile, Mikey sat on his bed in his room, an unreadable expression on his face. He felt so many emotions washing over him.

He felt sad, of course...because of his brother's harsh words and actions. And even though they had apologized, he still felt a twinge of depression.

Mikey also felt anger because his own brothers, whom he thought he could trust, had basically stabbed him in the back...or, in this case, carepace.

And they had hurt him...not physically, but emotionally. He had worked so hard to make them happy by changing himself...

But in the end, it wasn't him who needed to change or grow up...

It was his brothers.

The orange-clad turtle sighed softly as he argued with his thoughts. Sure, he was upset with them...and a little mad...

But he still loved them, right?

And they were still his brothers... weren't they?

And at the end of the day, they were family...

No matter what.

Right....?

Mikey sighed, and buried his face in his pillow. "Emotions are so confusing..." He mumbled.

Meanwhile, the rest of the brothers were in their own rooms, battling with their own thoughts and emotions.

They all felt sad, because of what they had done to their otouto. They knew they messed up, and they were ridded with guilt.

They too felt angry, at themselves. How could they have been so stupid? How could they have been so horrible?

They just weren't thinking at the time.

It never crossed their minds that Mikey would have heard them, but that was no excuse. They still did it, and now they were paying the consequences.

Master Splinter was dealing with his own thoughts too. He wasn't sure what to think. His mind was swarming..

He felt slight anger, which was a rare emotion for him, as he was usually calm and levelheaded.

He couldn't believe his own sons had said such things about their brother behind his back...

And then completely forgot about what they have done...sure, they hadn't known that Mikey was listening, but that didn't matter.

His sons had been foolish.

And even though he did nothing to hurt his youngest son, Master Splinter couldn't help feeling guilty as well.

He felt useless. Whenever a problem had come up in the past, he would usually let his sons deal with conflict on their own, as he believed in conflict resolution.