1.

Kihyun strolls through the doors of his town's local coffee shop, feeling bored already.

It's not that he dislikes his job, because he doesn't. He loves working part-time at his best friend's parents' shop! It's just that it can be... quite boring at times, honestly.

Especially on days like this where very few customers come in. The only faces Kihyun has seen are the 'regulars' who come almost every day and order the exact same thing with each transaction they make.

There's nothing wrong with that, but everything is always the same. Even the weather is monotonous.

Kihyun can't help but crave something more. Something new and different. Something to make his heart beat quicker and get him excited to wake up each morning.

He just doesn't expect that 'something' to walk through the coffee shop's door so soon.

Kihyun and his best friend, Minhyuk, are in the kitchen (at the back of the shop), frosting cupcakes when they hear it. The bell chimes from the front of the store, signifying the entrance of a new customer.

"Do you mind getting it?" Minhyuk asks, causing Kihyun to roll his eyes. Kihyun enjoys working in the back and baking way more than he enjoys working up front.

Minhyuk has always been a better cashier, at least in Kihyun's eyes. He's talkative, friendly, and cute- which is enough to make customers want to come back and catch his infectious smile.

Kihyun supposes that it's fair for himself to take some orders every now and then too, though, seeing as Minhyuk's parents own the shop. They were nice enough to give Kihyun this job in the first place. He needs the money because, honestly, college isn't cheap (and he gets free coffee this way).

Plus, Minhyuk could never last an entire shift without talking to his best friend. So really, Kihyun was the perfect hire.

"Pleaseeeee," Minhyuk drawls out, pouting at Kihyun with his adorable puppy face. For a moment, Kihyun considers saying no just to gauge the reaction he'd receive, but then he sighs, finally giving into Minhyuk's pleas.

"Fine," he agrees, not missing the chance to roll his eyes once more when Minhyuk blows him a kiss.

Kihyun walks through the hallway and into the main part of the store, positioning himself behind the cash register to take orders.

Kihyun is almost always prepared for any occasion. Want him to belt a high note on the spot? You got it. Need someone to clean your kitchen right away? Kihyun's your man. In need of someone to run lines with for your play practice? Kihyun can do it. He's prepared.

However, he could never have prepared himself for the customer resembling a cool drink of water seeming to grace his way into the shop.

The stranger is draped in blank skinny jeans that hug his legs all the way up to his hips, and Kihyun's eyes trail up to the creamy sweater and then to the handsome face to go right along with it. Tufts of dark hair lay atop his head like a messy crown. He's slender, looking to be about the same height as Kihyun himself.

Kihyun openly stares, in awe of how unique and beautiful the stranger looks.

Once they've made eye contact, though, Kihyun straightens up. He clears his throat and puts on his usual cashier facade, smiling politely. "What can I get for you?"

The customer on the other side of the counter nervously fiddles with his sleeves under Kihyun's gaze, seeming shy to speak up.

"I can give you more time to look over the menu if you want?" Kihyun offers, and the customer slowly nods his head in response to Kihyun's suggestion.