4.

Kihyun sits behind the counter of the coffee shop, struggling to understand his math assignment. It's Statistics, a class that he never understood in high school and, you guessed it, still doesn't understand now.

Kihyun's a junior in college and he knows he should have things figured out by now. . . but he doesn't. Even though all of his friends seem to have their careers already set and figured out, Kihyun struggles like music majors sometimes do.

He's an incredible singer (and just as amazing of a performer to top it off), but he still hasn't been able to find an internship to complete yet. The college that he attends highly encourages students to complete an internship their senior year, and students have their entire junior year to apply to ones that they are interested in.

However, it's hard to find said internships when everyone else applying for them is just as qualified and skilled in your field as you are, if not even more so. And while Kihyun is great and others tell him how talented he is constantly, he doesn't believe it himself all of the time.

This is what he seems to struggle with the most: getting out of his comfort zone. He needs something crazy to push him out of (and far, far away from) it.

And then, just as fate always seems to allow, Changkyun walks through the door just as Kihyun is longing for the push that he needs.

This time Changkyun isn't alone, though. He has someone else with him, and that someone is laughing at a joke that Kihyun didn't hear.

Kihyun tries to ignore the pang he feels in his chest as whoever this dude is starts to lean on Changkyun's shoulder, the two of them laughing.

They must be close.

Changkyun brings his laughter to a halt and stands up taller when he notices that Kihyun is watching them curiously.

"Oh, hey," Changkyun says. "This is Jooheon." He gestures to his friend who waves at Kihyun in return.

The air feels awkward, a little too awkward for Changkyun's taste, so he excuses himself to the restroom. That leaves Kihyun and Jooheon standing alone in the shop, slightly uncomfortable with the loss of their mutual friend.

It's kind of like when you get stuck at a children's party and there's no one else your age that you know, so you kind of just stand there awkwardly.

This is what they both do until Kihyun breaks the silence.

"So," Kihyun starts, clearing his throat, "are you two. . . together?"

Jooheon chokes on his own spit at the question and then immediately breaks into laughter. Kihyun doesn't know if that's a good or bad thing.

"No," Jooheon chuckles. "We're not dating. He's just my best friend."

Kihyun allows himself to sigh in relief. He was worried that maybe Changkyun isn't really as interested as he's seemed to be over the past few times that he's come in.

"Cool," Kihyun says, nodding at Jooheon.

"Cool," Jooheon returns.

Awkwardness fills the air again. Kihyun doesn't have to do anything to shoo it away this time, though.

"He talks about this place a lot," Jooheon notes, allowing his eyes to scan over the menu as he continues speaking. "I was confused at first because he doesn't drink coffee, like at all, but he kept coming here. And then I figured out that it's not the coffee he's coming here for."

Kihyun's heart begins to beat quicker in his chest at the news just delivered to him. Changkyun doesn't come here for the coffee?

Before he can ask Jooheon anything, Changkyun comes strolling back in from the bathroom, hands tucked into his hoodie pocket. He smiles when he senses that the awkwardness has drifted from the room.

"We'll take two coffees to go," Changkyun states. Jooheon fights the urge to laugh as he gives Kihyun a knowing look. Because now Kihyun knows. . . Changkyun doesn't even like coffee.

"Coming right up," Kihyun replies, smirking as he sends Changkyun a wink. He turns around before he can see the effects it has on the younger.

When Kihyun walks into the kitchen, Minhyuk is staring at him expectantly.

"What is it?" Kihyun questions, not wasting anytime in grabbing two cups and beginning to get the coffee ready.

"Are you not going to introduce me to the hot piece of ass that your boyfriend brought in with him?"

Kihyun raises an eyebrow as he turns around to face his best friend. He doesn't bother correcting Minhyuk on calling Changkyun his boyfriend, because the older will never stop teasing him about it. He addresses the actual question instead. "You mean Jooheon?"

"If Jooheon is the angel with dimples, then yes," Minhyuk states simply. His hip digs into the edge of the counter as he leans over to stare Kihyun down with a look saying introduce me or I'll kill you. It's quite a violent look if you ask Kihyun.

"Just go introduce yourself. . ." Kihyun trails off, placing lids on the to-go cups of coffee. "You work here, too, y'know."

Minhyuk rolls his eyes in response. "Fine," he mutters, scoffing as he strolls out of the kitchen.

Seconds later, Kihyun already hears Minhyuk's energized, gleeful voice chatting away with Jooheon. He doesn't want to interrupt, but he also doesn't want these two coffees to get cold, so he walks quietly out of the kitchen and behind the counter once more.

For once he notices that Minhyuk is the flutered one as Jooheon compliments him. Something about him having a pretty smile.

Kihyun slides a warm cup of coffee across the counter to Changkyun, and the younger takes it with a quiet "Thank you."

Kihyun pretends to listen to the conversation between Minhyuk and Jooheon, but really he's watching as the cute boy holding a cup of coffee pretends to take a sip. He must actually let a bit of liquid slide between his lips, though, because Kihyun watches on as Changkyun's nose crinkles up slightly in distaste.

Cute, Kihyun thinks. How fucking cute is he?

- - -

Hey guys ahh it's spring break for me, do you get a spring break where you live?

I hope you're all doing well and love you always xxx mwauh