3.

Changkyun sits in his history class, rubbing tiredly at his eyes. It's only a few weeks into the new school year, and to say that he's having a hard time adjusting to college is an understatement.

Changkyun has always considered himself intelligent, so it's not the difficulty of his courses giving him a hard time. It's getting his sleeping schedule right.

He and his best friend Jooheon both mutually requested each other as roommates. Changkyun assumes they must've waited too long to submit their housing deposits though, because they aren't living in the same dorm room. In fact, they aren't even residing in the same building.

Changkyun ended up paired with a sophomore named Hyungwon. So far he seems alright. He's nice enough, and even invited Changkyun to join his frat (which the younger declined politely).

The only issue is that Hyungwon tends to sleep in pretty late, and somehow that habit has made its way into Changkyun's routine, as well.

The history professor is lecturing about something students should be listening to (maybe about World War II), but Changkyun's eyes are far too heavy. Is this why people drink coffee? As much as Changkyun hates the taste, maybe there's a good reason for consuming that bitter liquid.

Coffee. That reminds him of the café not too far from his school, and the cute barista that works there: Kihyun. He hadn't looked that much older than Changkyun himself.

His hair was brown and Changkyun remembers wanting to reach out and touch it. But that would've been weird, so he didn't. He just admired his pretty smile from across the counter.

Kihyun also had what seemed like a melodic voice. He was merely speaking about items on the menu, but it had sounded like such a pretty song. Changkyun wants to hear it again.

While he was at the coffee shop yesterday, a woman that seemed wise told Changkyun that maybe he does have a chance with Kihyun. Changkyun doesn't normally trust strangers, especially not with something like his non-existent love life, but the old woman had seemed so trustworthy, so intelligent and knowledgeable. He couldn't help but to at least consider her words.

He doesn't even really know Kihyun yet, but maybe he will?

Then there comes a whisper of Changkyun's name from the space to his right, quickly snapping him out of his thoughts of Kihyun and coffee and the old woman's words.

"Dude, you've gotta pay attention to this stuff," Jooheon says, sending Changkyun a look from the corner of his eye. Changkyun sighs at his best friend's comment. Yeah. He should pay attention.

But he can't help it that Kihyun spends much more time running around his mind than a history lecture.

- - -

When lunch break comes around, Changkyun and Jooheon find themselves eating pizza in one of the various on-campus food locations. It's right next to the buildings that house classes, so it's the most convenient option. 

"Bro, you going tonight?" Jooheon asks around a mouthful of his food, raising his eyebrows at Changkyun in curiosity.

There's a party tonight; it's one of the biggest of the year. Changkyun's roommate, Hyungwon, had actually invited both of the freshmen best friends to accompany him. It is Hyungwon's frat throwing the party, after all. Changkyun had told his roommate that he'd have to get back to him on that one.

"Mm, I don't know," Changkyun says, taking a bite of his own pizza slice. He was planning on going back to the coffee shop tonight. But he can't tell Jooheon that. . . he'll call him a scrub, or something.

"Why not?" Jooheon questions, tilting his head slightly to the side as he studies his best friend. "It'll be serious street cred around here to be let in. Why wouldn't you jump at an opportunity like that?"

It's a good question. Changkyun knows that, so does his best friend; he can read him like an open book.

"Parties just aren't really my thing," Changkyun states. He waves his hand (the hand not holding his half-eaten pizza slice), as if dismissing the possibility of attending the party at all.

"Kyun," Jooheon starts, leaning forward in his seat. "This is me you're talking to. You can be honest."

Changkyun shrugs. He doesn't really want to talk about Kihyun yet because honestly what is there to say? That he's incredibly attractive and good at his job and has such a nice voice and his smile is to die for and. . . yeah, okay. Changkyun's a little whipped. What about it?

"I already have plans," Changkyun mumbles, finishing his pizza slice as Jooheon looks him over suspiciously.

"You have plans?" Jooheon asks, unbelieving of Changkyun's lie.

"Without me?" He adds, clarifying as to not offend his best friend.

Changkyun nods. "Yeah, I've got. . ." he trails off, picking at his pizza crust. "Studying, and stuff. I was gonna study at the coffee shop."

Jooheon snorts, causing Changkyun to look up at him. Jooheon apologizes for laughing before he continues.

"Look, how about you take me to check out this coffee shop and then we can go to the party?"

Changkyun's eyes widen at his best friend's offer. Jooheon going with him to the coffee shop? Is that a good idea?

"Changkyun," Jooheon starts, "I know you're not really going there to study."

Changkyun feels his entire face heat up. Jooheon knows him well. . . a little too well, depending on who you ask.

"I- Fine. Yeah, you can come with me," Changkyun agrees. The both of them stand up to throw away their trash.

"And then we can party?" Jooheon asks, wanting verification that there will be alcohol and dancing involved later. He pouts at Changkyun for good measure, knowing how to get his way.

"Yeah," Changkyun laughs. "We'll party afterwards."

Changkyun could use a little partying anyway. Maybe this is a good thing. He's always cooped up in his dorm room working on homework or new lyrics, so this will be a good change. Hyungwon will be happy that he's going out for a change too.

"Then lead the way to this magical coffee place of yours," Jooheon muses, teasing the younger who is still blushing from earlier comments by his best friend.

- - -

Ayyyy new chap new chap yayaya

It'll get more interesting I promise haha

Love you guys always mwuah