5.

Changkyun stands in front of his dorm room mirror, studying his appearance one last time before he leaves. He's dressed in his favorite skinny jeans (the ones with wolf all over), and a white shirt is loosely tucked into them. His dark hair is a messy floof atop his head, but he likes it that way. This is good enough party attire, right?

Hyungwon walks in, letting out a low whistle as he drinks in his roommate's appearance.

"Damn," Hyungwon mutters, eyes raking up and down Changkyun's lean body. "You looking to get laid tonight?"

"What?" Changkyun's cheeks flame red.

"You go to my frat's party looking like that," Hyungwon starts, now standing directly behind the younger. "You're kind of asking to get noticed."

Changkyun's eyes widen slightly. He feels his ears burning with embarrassment as Hyungwon still stares at him in the mirror.

"Uh," Changkyun starts, meeting his roommate's eyes in the reflective glass. "Sh-should I change?"

"No," Hyungwon chuckles, sending the younger a wink in the mirror. "Don't worry. You look hot."

There's a knocking at the door before Changkyun can even think of how to formulate a reply to Hyungwon's statement. Was he. . . flirting? Or just simply being really nice?

Changkyun answers the door, revealing a dimpled Jooheon in the doorway. "You ready, dude?"

Changkyun nods in response after giving his hair one last tousle and straightening his shirt just a bit. He wants to make a good first impression on the upperclassmen at the party. Someone might have connections to producers that could listen to his tracks.

Once Changkyun feels presentable enough, he walks back over to where Jooheon waits patiently at the door, making small talk with Hyungwon.

Changkyun notices that Jooheon is dressed in a slightly similar manner to what he pictured: black skinny jeans and a nicer than usual shirt.

Hyungwon also happens to look much nicer than normal. Even Changkyun can admit that Hyungwon kind of just always looks good. Girls and guys alike practically throw themselves at his feet all the time. Changkyun has seen it happen one too many times when Hyungwon has walked him to a class.

But tonight he looks a little different. Changkyun's not sure what it is, but Hyungwon looks like he hardly had to try to make himself look this good.

"Alright, we can head that way now," Hyungwon starts, checking his watch for the time. As he leads the two freshmen down the hallway and out into the night air, he turns back to look at them as he laughs. "Don't be nervous, it's just a party."

- - -

Turns out, maybe a party wasn't the greatest idea. Changkyun can't believe his eyes as he and his two friends walk in. It's dark, but neon lights illuminate the center of the room where crowded bodies are pressed up against each other, swaying in time with the music.

It makes Changkyun feel just a little anxious.

"Alright," Hyungwon starts, turning slightly to face Jooheon and Changkyun. "There are drinks in the kitchen, and there are. . . rooms upstairs."

Changkyun lets his eyes wander as Hyungwon tries to give them a run-down of the party scene.

He spots girls and guys making out, grabbing at each other desperately. For some reason, Changkyun's mind drifts to Kihyun. He imagines what it would be like to make out with him, for Kihyun to touch him, to hear him-

"I'm gonna go get a drink," Jooheon says, snapping Changkyun out of his fantasy. He doesn't know how long he was zoned out, but Hyungwon is now nowhere to be seen and Jooheon is looking at him expectantly.

"What? Oh, okay, yeah," Changkyun mumbles, nodding at his best friend. He's slightly embarrassed that he was even thinking of Kihyun in that way at all. . . They don't even technically know each other.

Yeah, sure, they see each other at the coffee shop everyday (even though Changkyun seriously has a distaste for such a bitter drink), but does that really mean they know each other?

Changkyun rolls his eyes at his own thoughts. What am I doing? he thinks, watching as couples dance together in the center of the room, some not so subtly grinding on each other out in the open.

"Here you go."

Changkyun expects to see Jooheon holding out a drink to him, but Hyungwon stands in front of him instead. He gestures for Changkyun to take the red cup, which he does with much confusion.

"Where's Jooheon?" Changkyun asks, swishing around whatever clear, fruity liquid is in his cup. Hyungwon watches him carefully, not answering his question yet.

Changkyun has to repeat his question a second time for Hyungwon to answer.

"He went to go dance. Don't worry about him. . ." Hyungwon trails off. He gestures towards the cup in Changkyun's hands. "Drink up!"

Changkyun suspiciously eyes his drink. He can't see much in this lighting, so he sniffs his cup just to make sure it doesn't smell like something has been slipped into his drink. Not that he doesn't trust Hyungwon, but they did just meet only a few weeks ago. You can never be too careful.

Changkyun doesn't know what it would even smell like if something was dosed in his drink, so really he has nothing to lose as Hyungwon watches him take a sip of the drink.

It's fruity, that's for sure. Almost too fruity. It's so artificially sweet that it reminds Changkyun of children's medicine.

"What is this?" He asks, voice unusually rough as he speaks.

"Oh, just a little cocktail they mixed over at the bar. Come on, drink the rest real quick and we'll go dance."

Under any other circumstance, Changkyun would probably decline. But right now his head feels just a little foggy and Hyungwon's eyes are more than a little inviting.

So he downs the rest of the cup in just a few sips, wincing as he feels the liquid burn its way down his throat and into his stomach.

"Good boy," Hyungwon praises, grabbing the younger's hand and interlocking their fingers together as he leads the both of them to the dance floor.

- - -

aye it's ya boy uh skinnypenis

joking hahhhh no but really hi guys i know it's been a while ahaha i just now got to where i could finish this chapter

what do you guys think will happen next? i'm actually really curious ·ᴗ·

until next time mwauh love you always xoxoooo