⌜ thirty eight ⌟

"you finished taking the test?"

coming out of the cafe he ate during lunch time, renjun nodded and then hit himself for thinking that renjun would see him. he then let out a hum, ❝yeah.

"how was it?"

renjun slowed his tracks and tried to recall the items on the special test he took awhile ago and then showed an unsure smile, ❝it wasn't that hard.

jeno let out a confused sound after hearing renjun's answer. "what's with the tone?"

it was too easy that it got me thinking twice if i actually shaded the right answer.❞ renjun sighed, his eyes scanning the boutiques and stores he is passing by on the way back to his school. ❝the results are out now, i'm checking them.

"damn, teachers be doing their job faster than bolt." both renjun and jeno laughed for a few good minutes before a comfortable silence took over them. "hey, is there something you're not telling me?"

renjun stopped his tracks once he saw a store that stood out. he eyed the things that were displayed by the window before answering jeno. ❝i'm not hiding anything.

the person from the other line seemed not to believe what renjun just said. "i'm your bestfriend, you should have told me instead of keeping it from me."

the chinese went inside the store and greeted the staff who surprised him with a sudden greeting. ❝told you what?

the short male was too busy picking out what just caught his eyes to even hear and pay attention to what jeno is blabbering about on the other line. he grabbed a pair of this thing that was displayed by the window and made his way towards the counter, placed it down there and asked for the price of it before finally giving jeno the attention he deserves.

"are you even listening?"

renjun chuckled and replied his honest answer, ❝nope, can you repeat it again?

the male sighed and had no choice but to repeat what he just said in a long ass paragraph but now summarized it up to a sentence or two. "once you will pass the test, they are going to transfer you to a university outside of the country. how can you hide this from me?"

renjun froze from his place and had just reminded what's going to happen. he was too busy thinking and having his mind set on answering the test with whatever his brain could do and just go home so that he can take care of jaemin who's probably still sleeping until now.

"renjun?"

the chinese then went back to his senses and let out a scoff, ❝not like i'll pass the test.❞ he took a bow from the person behind the counter and took the plastic that had his wanted item inside and took it out of the store.