Could That Actually Be It?

~(I/g/n)'s POV~

"What? What do you mean they weren't hacking? Didn't you say that suddenly became weak?" Efari asked

"Yeah, I did become weak, but that doesn't mean they were hacking."

"Well, I actually saw their leader, Asen, muttering something. I told Kortana about it." Astaroth said

"Yeah, it's true. I thought it was kind of weird." Kortana said

We all sat there for a few seconds.

"Alright, well it's getting kind of late. I'm gonna sign off." Ivory said

"Yeah, same." Lelani said

"Me too. We have school tomorrow." Efari said

"Yeah, see you later guys." Kortana said

They all logged off, leaving Astaroth and I alone.

"Hey, are you okay?" Astaroth asked me

"Yeah, I'm fine. I'm fully healed now s-"

"That's not what I meant. Are you okay? You're not upset are you?"

"Maybe a little. I just don't get it. Why did I get weak all of a sudden. I mean, sure, it could be a side effect of the slash I did earlier, but it isn't listed in the swords description."

"Maybe it was some otherworldly force or something."

"Otherworldly force..." I muttered "Wait, that's it! Astaroth, you're a genius!"

"What? No, I was just kidding. There's no wa-"

"No, hear me out. Kingdom of Krados is still a relatively new game, right?"

"Yeah, it was only released a few months ago, why?"

"So there's obviously gonna be some bugs. I know it's a long shot, but what if they abused a bug that allowed an outside force to interfere with the match, like a spell?"

"I think I get it. You're saying that Asen used a spell to weaken you in the middle of your fight? Thus, making you lose?"

"Not Asen, that spell seems way to advanced for someone who isn't a mage. But didn't you say you saw Asen mutter something?" I asked

"Yeah, why?"

"What if he was telling their mage to use the spell?"

"(I/g/n), you're a genius!" Astaroth said, smiling at me.

"We'll tell everyone tomorrow about this and see what they think about it."

"But wait, how could we even beat that? It drained you of all your power."

"There's only two ways I can think of. You're not gonna like one, but I don't think we have any choice."

~Time Skip~

~(Y/n)'s POV~

"Hey Lily." I said, sitting down at a table for lunch.

"Hey."

"So I think I figured out why I got so weak suddenl-"

"Oh, you guys go to this school too?" A familiar voice asked. I looked over and see Nora coming towards us to sit down.

"Yeah, but didn't you say you live in a neighboring town?"

"Yeah, but they don't have a high school. So we had two choices. Come to either this school or go to the school in the other direction. I chose this one." She said, sitting down with us.