Spotlight

I had woken up earlier than usual due to a call from Elisia saying she wanted to meet before school. I rolled out of bed and got ready, after being decent enough I walk out of my room and go to the kitchen where Mark and my mom are eating breakfast.

"Can I use the car—"

Mom cuts me off before I can finish, "Absolutely not."

"Why? It's not like I'm going to drive into oncoming traffic just so I can kill myself, Elisia just wants to meet before school. Besides if I was going to kill myself I wouldn't do it painfully."

"You can, If you take Rowan." Marks adds.

I shake my head disagreeing with him, "I don't think that's a good idea, I have a feeling that she and Rowan are in a fight about something. And before you ask. No, I don't know what it's about."

Mom looks a me for a minute before sighing, "Fine, you can go but be careful."

"I know." I say grabbing the keys off the counter.

I'm walking to my room to grab my backpack when I bump into Rowan, she looks surprised, "What are you doing up?"

"Elisia called, said she wanted to meet before school."

"Just give me five minutes and I'll be ready." She turns to leave but I stop her.

"Ro, I don't think that's a good idea. Im pretty sure this whole meet up is going to be her bitching about you."

She frowned, "Did she say that?"

I shake my head, "No but she sounded pissed."

She sighs in defeat, "Okay, I'll see you at school."

"Okay, bye."

@@@

I pull up the her apartment building and she's waiting outside. She's definitely pissed.

She stomps her way over to the car, opening the door and slamming it closed once she's in.

"Did you know about Jake and Rowan seeing each other again?" She said, almost yelling.

I sigh, knowing this would happen, "No...Yes."

"Don't lie to me!" She angrily yelled.

I roll my eyes before turning my body towards her, "If you'd stop yelling maybe I could tell you," she sighs and I continue, "I knew about about the first two times, well what I thought was the first two times. She told me she was going to say goodbye both times. But I told her to tell you...and you need to be confronting her not me. That means talking, not yelling." She rolls her eyes, "We should go get donuts."

She shakes her head, "No, I don't feel like it."

Putting my seatbelt on and starting he car, "Too bad. 'Cause I'm your ride and I want donuts."

@@@

We sit in the donut shop eating donuts, mostly me.

I hold on out to Elisia, "Come on, at least have one."

She huffs before begrudgingly grabbing one and taking a bite, "It's not even that good."

I scoff, "Than why are you eating it, El."

She angrily stands up, grabs her bag and heads for the door. I quickly shove the rest of my donut into my mouth, picking up the box of donuts and rushing after her. Quickly gettin into the car and handing her the box.

"Why are you in such a hurry?" I pull out of the donut shop and drive toward the school.

"I need to talk to Rowan." Was all she said.