Fire

Sal sat in his room playing his Nintendo game station utterly bored. He had been playing for a few hours but was still bored out of his damn mind. Larry and him became closer as friends and even Half Face found a way into the small group. Most likely since her and Larry where friends before Sally Face had joined in. When Half Face had left Larry gave Sally Face a much more in depth about Half Face. She lived in the apartments with her mother who's name was Candace. They too didn't have Tasha's father but it wasn't like Larry's situation. Her father was named Atticus and served in war. After three years being away a letter was sent to Candace and Tasha informing them of Atticus's death. Yet he was only 26 years old and Tasha was 5. Candace was stricken by the death of her husband yet she remained strong and raised Tasha without the impact of her husband's absence.

"Sal! You have a friend!" Came his father's voice. Sal paused the game and placed his mask on clasping the latches tight. He stood up and opened the door to his room peeking out as his father walked pass. His father was quick to his room and called out gently.

"Be safe Sal. Keep your phone on you and don't leave the apartments." Sal sighed and looked over to see Tasha leaning against the wall. Her smirk was evident across her features as she held Gizmo in her arms. She looked up at Sal nodding to him as Gizmo nuzzled into her neck. Sal nodded and crossed his arms.

"What's up Tasha." Sal asked as Gizmo mewed at Tasha. She smiled and rubbed his chin hugging the cat close.

"Mom's at work and I got bored. Decided you would be the victim of my annoying personality. " Sal chuckled and shook his head. Gizmo mewled and flopped his body into Tasha more wanting more attention.

"Larry not home?" Sal asked sitting on the couch with Tasha following with a very comfy Gizmo. She sat down rubbing the large cat smiling.

"Nah, He is but Lisa is sick and I don't wanna bother him. Lisa is a very nice lady and helps none stop but when she's sick she's sick. I don't wanna get sick nor cause stress on her." Sal nodded and smiled under his mask. Sal wasn't one for staring but he couldn't take his eyes off of Tasha's scared face. It was so intriguing and he couldn't help but want to ask what exactly had happened to the female.

"Uh.. Tasha.." Sal said nervously as he played with his sleeves. Tasha smiled and looked at him her good eye taking in his features easily. Though she was blind in her right eye her left was trained well enough to take in features even if she suffered with depth and value but it still was easy to live with.

"What's up Mr. Face?" Tasha asked looking to Sal holding the large cat in her hands up making him wave to his owner. Sal shifted uncomfortably tugging his sleeves nervously. His voice caught in his throat as he tried to find the words for his question. Tasha waited for Sal to work his courage up and clear his throat. Finally he swallowed hard and drew a breath ready to speak.

"How did you become blind?" He asked hoping to get some sort of answer to his question. Tasha's smile faltered for a few seconds before she placed Gizmo in her lap. A sigh escaped the female as she relaxed herself. Tasha wasn't born yesterday and knew exactly what Sal wanted to know.

"You want to know what happened to my face. Not to mention my eye but mainly my face." Sal flushed a red tint looking down from her. Caught red handed.

"I know what you want to know Sal. Many people ask the same thing. I don't mind answering the questions but please ask me directly. Don't beat the bush." Tasha's eyes held confidence as she spoke to the male. Sal scrunched up and looked away awkwardly.

"S-sorry Tasha." Sal stuttered out as he became very interested in his hands. Tasha made him look at her with her finger tips brushing under his chin. He lifted his chin as the female smiled more. Tasha leaned back and set Gizmo in Sal's lap. The fluffy beast mewled and gave a great yawn showing his fangs off to the world. Yet his world was a worn down apartment with a murder scene only two doors down. Tasha pulled out a small locket from her cleavage and handed it to the male before her. Sal took the locket and opened it tenderly to see a young girl and a larger male in a military outfit. His hair was shaved down the sides and clipped short on the top. A hat sat in his arms as he stood tall above the camera man. You could tell this man was great in height since the edges of the background curtains where they ended. The photographer had moved back far enough for them to show the curtains ending due to the height of the male. The little girl Sal saw looked much like Tasha yet her eyes where a deep violet instead of a mix of amethyst and green. Her hair was more red than the mahogany hair Tasha had falling through her shoulders. The last details he could pick up in the green tinted and black white photo was the curled ends of her hair and her missing freckles Tasha had.

"My father and sister. Sasha was my sister and she died in the fire. My father died in war. After we received a not from the military of my father's death, someone claimed he died a traitor. Our house was burned down."

Flames licked through the glass panes at the wooden framing. Candace screamed for her daughter to return to her side yet Tasha was running for her life. Sasha was crying for help as the wooden support beam collapsed on her small body. Tasha fell before her sister as smoke bombarded their bodies and lunges with great fiery. Sasha cried for Tasha's help as she forced her shoulder into the beam as hard as she could. It burned her flesh which she screamed at. Candace was held back as firemen and police officers ran to save the twin girls. Tasha tugged on her sisters arms crying as she fought to release her fifteen minute older twin sister. Suddenly cries of fear caught the attention of Tasha.

Sasha had passed out by now, smoke clouding her body. Tasha saw as the police pointed above her. Every cell in her body told Tasha not to look up but she willed herself to do so. Her eyes moved up as the ashes spilled down her into her eyes. A weak broken piece of the support beam fell straight for Tasha. A scream erutped as Candace watched her two daughters get crushed from the wreckage of their home. As she cried and sobbed her entire world was flipped. Her husband. Her children. Gone. Stripped from her like that. Her hopes where lifted as an ash covered body was pulled from the flames. It was moving but barely as Tasha struggled to breathe. Candace ran forward smiling and crying in joy to see her baby was ok. Another body was pulled but it was lifeless. Candace cried more but when she looked to her child's face her heart shattered. Reddened and bloodied face was looking back to the single mother as the skin was charred to a crisp. Her lips seemed an incurable capped as it shriveled away. No more did her child have a sister or father. But now she had a forever reminder of the night she lost them both. And all she needed to do was look in the mirror.