0.3

It was the daily ice cream social. Marinette treated herself to a bowl of it while on her break. The ping pong table looked all too tempting as she sat poolside and spooned it.

Alya, wearing a brand new pair of shades, slid into the reclined chair beside her. She looked gorgeous in a orange, black and white bathing suit that fit her curves nicely.

"New sunglasses?" she asked as Alya took Marinette's spoon and ate from the scoop of vanilla.

"Why yes, thank you for noticing. I was going to buy them in the gift shop but Nino graciously paid for me. The gentlemen." Alya grinned.

Marinette stretched her arms above her head, soaking up the warm sun. Palm trees dotting the poolside offered minimum shade. "Mhm."

"This vanilla tastes like ass by the way." Alya said with distaste.

"It's that cheap kind from the local grocery store. The only good flavor is the strawberry creme. I got this once because I knew you'd steal some."

Alya's mouth dropped. "How dare you accuse me—"

Nino finally decided to show up, planting a kiss on his girlfriend's forehead before stealing the bowl from her. She pouted but let it go since it did taste like ass.

"Good to finally have some sun, isn't it?" Marinette sighed, already knowing she was burning.

"Yeah, sure is." Adrien nearly scared Marinette to death by his sudden appearance.

"Didn't mean to scare you like that." he laughed, not noticing the eyes Alya and Nino made at each other knowingly. "I came to ask if you guys wanted to come to the wedding on Thursday. The rehearsal dinner is tonight and it'd be nice to see my old friends there."

Alya gave a thumbs up. Nino fist bumped. Marinette was hesitant but answered after an awkward silence.

"S-sure, I'll try to get someone to cover my shift." Marinette bit her tongue to stop herself from any more stuttering.

Damn did he look cute today—

"Oh actually, there's a small favor I'd need to ask of you Mari." Adrien sat down on the other pool chair.

Alya and Nino grinned ear-to-ear as they stood and walked off while Marinette's dagger eyes flared at them.

"Would you mind helping Lila with last minute alterations to her wedding dress? It just came in last night and it doesn't fit her quite right."

Marinette swallowed dryly. "Yeah, I think I can arrange that."

"Great! I can definitely pay you as well for the trouble." he smiled those pearly whites.

"Oh—haha—It's no trouble at all. I may be a little rusty but I can help. No need to pay me."

He flashed that signature grin once more before leaving, off to where Lila was fumbling with her oversized sun hat. She was swatting at what seemed like bees as well.

Marinette's chest fell. She knew shouldn't be feeling this way about her high school crush for God's sake. But she can't help it.

"You do know he's going to be married soon, right?" Alya returned, nudging her best friend in the shoulder.

"Of course. We're going to their wedding." Marinette sank into her chair, holding her hand over her eyes.