0.5

Marinette awoke the next morning to a blinding hangover. The sun seemed to bright through her blinds and the ocean waves too loud as they crashed against the shore.

Trying to erase the morning itself, she dove back under the covers and remained there for about thirty seconds before manically scurrying.

She had to fix Lila's wedding dress.

She scrambled for her alarm clock that seemingly had been on snooze and nearly tripped over Alya's sleeping form on the ground.

"Alya?!"

"Marinette, don't be so loud. You're gonna wake up the entire neighborhood." she groaned, blindly feeling around for one of the pill bottles on the ground.

"I forgot to get somebody to cover my shift today." Marinette cursed herself as she searched her closet for something other than non matching pajamas.

"I got you girl, when's your shift?" Alya called from floor, popping a painkiller and a long drink from a water glass.

"Noon till four." she responded, pulling on a only slightly wrinkled shirt and pair of shorts.

"That's not so terrible."

"It is when you get the rush hour on aggravated guests trying to check in when their rooms aren't done being cleaned yet." Marinette brushed her teeth frantically and ran a comb through her messy hair.

"Mhm, delightful." Alya stood from the ground, rubbing her temples as the sun poured through every inch of the room.

"What are you doing here anyway?"

"I guess we both passed out after last night." Alya tried to recall last night's events. "I remember a lot of singing and something about chicken but that's it."

"Hopefully we didn't embarrass ourselves too bad in front of their guests at the rehearsal dinner." Marinette nervously laughed.

"Hah, yeah that would've really sucked."

Half and hour later Marinette was up the elevator and at Lila and Adrien's shared penthouse. She was slightly out of breath but brought a bottle of water just in case so she came prepared.

In her mini-backpack she brought supplies for trimming, adjusting and basically anything Lila needed her to do. Hopefully it was just a small issue than she could go get some brunch or something.

"Oh there you are." Lila set down her magazine and what looked like fluke of mimosa. "You're an hour late."

"I know, I know. I'm sorry it won't happen again." Marinette apologized, stepping into the giant place.

She waited patiently as Lila slipped into the designer wedding gown, something she could only dream about affording.

It was straight out of a princess movie with its gorgeous embroidered skirt and off the shoulder sleeves. It looked at least 15k or more by first glance.

The top piece was low cut, showing off her prominent collar bone. It was very scandalous in the back and showed off her tanned skin perfectly compared to the stark white.

"That's a beautiful dress." Marinette said in awe.

"Yes and it's very expensive so be extra careful around it." Lila stood on a portable platform so Marinette could get to work on the skirt first.

"What would you—"

"Cinch the waist more and make the bottom more flared. I want to look stunning in this gown." Lila said emotionlessly, anywhere but at Marinette's eye.

The girl nodded, squatting down to begin flaring out the bottom part of the skirts. The fabric was a soft and pearly white color that looked like something you'd dream to touch.

She made the dress appear as if it had more of a trail effect, barely breathing as to not accidentally mess up the entire skirt.

Lila began growing bored of waiting, scoffing at the speed she was going. Marinette flushed, trying to work quicker.

Do it for Adrien, for Adrien she kept reminding herself. Don't do this for Lila and her obvious hatred towards you. Do it for Adrien, your long-term friend who is sweet and kind, and..

"Hurry up already. I got several things to do today."

"Are you sure you want to shrink the waistline? I wouldn't want to put any extra pressure on your, er, stomach." Marinette stood up, cracking her fingers.

"Why's that?"

"Your baby?"

"Oh—that's right. Tighten it a little but not all the way." Lila bit her tongue.

Marinette nodded about to start working when she suddenly stopped. "Do you have any spare cloth by chance that would match the dress? Like lace?"

Lila pointed to the spare bedroom. Marinette set down her bag and quickly headed to get some spare material.

At the same time, Lila slipped off her mildly expensive 8 carat diamond engagement ring and gazed at its precious diamond cutting as sunlight beamed off of its edges.

She leaned over slightly and watched it fall into Marinette's bag, fully aware of what she was doing. She saw the way Adrien looked at the blue-haired girl.

She absolutely despised that look.

As Marinette came back she smiled, eager to get back to work. "Ready?"

"Yes, yes I am."