Chapter One: Seer

Reference: 1

I shove my hands in my pockets, walking down the street. I look around at the people around me. The bright halos and the dark horns. I rub my tired eyes.

I stop in front of my house, looking at the paint. I take a deep breath before walking in. I plaster a smile onto my face.

Mom stands over the sink, washing dishes. Her Halo clearly shining. Dad has his feet kicked up on the coffee table, sipping his coffee while drinking his coffee. His Halo's glow wasn't as strong but it was a Halo nonetheless. Enyo is probably in her room.

"(Y/N)? Did you get what I asked for?" Mom asks. I nod, setting the plastic bag down. She smiles at me, thanking me. I smile at her, walking upstairs to Enyo's bedroom.

I knock on her door before walking in. She glares at me. I sit on the end of her bed.

"I want you dead." She growls.

"I love you, too." I happily respond. She growls. I sadly frown at the lack of a Halo or horns. She glares at me.

"You are staring at me again." She explains. I shake my head, looking at her.

"So, you still obsessed with those Creepypastas?" I ask. She smiles widely, nodding.

"Although, I am now very interested in Ticci Toby. I am sure he is going to come and take me out." She explains, daydreaming. I blink, looking her over.

"Like kill you or on a date?" I ask. She looks at me.

"Either would be fine." She answers. I nod. She smiles widely at me.

"Well, I'm very tired so night!" I call, opening her door.

"Night!" She calls back. I smile, closing her door.

~

A loud beeping sounds in my room. I groan, slamming my fist onto the button. I turn over before shoving myself out of bed. I look out the window.

Still dark.

I quickly pull on my clothes and get ready. I run down the stairs, pulling my headphones on. I slide into my closet, going through the secret door to my secret room.

I quickly climb onto the bench press and start lifting.

After I finish my weightlifting, my whole body aches. It begs me to stop but I ignore it. I leave the house, quietly closing the door behind me.

I run laps around the neighborhood, pushing my body to it's limits. It's still dark outside. After my body reaches it's limit and my asthma starts to kick in, I run one more lap. I slam myself into the yard, gasping for breath. I yawn, standing up. My chest and throat throb, sore. I take my inhaler and walk into my room.

I hop into the shower, cleaning myself.

I jump out, changing and walking downstairs. I make breakfast for everyone. Scrambled eggs with ketchup and toast for Enyo. A fried egg and a bagel for mom. A coffee smoothie for Dad. I set his smoothie on the counter.

He takes it, walking out the door.

~

I quickly walk up to the shelter door. I open the door. I gasp at what I see. A big black and red husky has a huge deep gash in it's side. I quickly grab the animal not casting it's owner a glance.

I take it and place it on my operating table. I quickly tell Ashley, my nurse, to prep him for surgery. Her Halo shines brightly.

I slide into my surgical gear and walk into the OR.

"You can't preform without Dr. Matt here!" She yells at me. I glare at her.

"If I don't, he'll die. You can supervise me." I tell her. She quickly knocks the dog out, giving him antibiotics.

I feel inside the wound, nothing seems to be broken. I quickly tie off a main artery, stopping the bleeding. I stitch everything back together.

I take a step back from the table, taking deep breaths. I quickly leave the OR, Ashley waking the pup up. I remove my gloves and throw them away.

I walk into the main room, looking for the owner. A man with long black hair is pacing the room. His skin is a sickly white color.

He looks up at me, worried. I jump a little at the man's appearance. His eyelids seem to be burnt off and two slits are carved into his cheeks. I blink twice, rubbing my eyes. I shake my head.

He runs over to me, grabbing my shoulders.

"Is he okay?! Is Smile okay?!" He yells. I take a deep breath, pushing him back.

"Sir, your dog is fine. He will heal quickly, he could be up and moving in a few days. The emergency surgery was a success." I explain calmly.

He looks away, head in his hands. He sighs in relief.

"Sir, I need you to tell me what happened." I tell him. He looks me in the eyes. It honestly creeped me out.

"Smile and I had been on a walk when this crazy man attacked us. He tried to slice me open but Smile attacked him." He explains.

I just realized, the man is holding a blood covered hand to his arm. I quickly look around. No one else is here. I quickly pull his hand away from his arm, pinning him below me.

A huge cut in his arm.

"I'll need to treat that." I tell him.

I quickly pull him into a patient room. I stitch it, wrapping it in guaze. I hear a voice yell.

"Jeff! Is Smile okay?!"

I stand up, dragging 'Jeff' into the main room. In the main room now stands three other men, each scary in their own way. I flinch, almost jumping out of my skin.

I take a deep breath, calming myself. They all look at me, confused.

One has blonde hair. His eyes are black, with two red pupils showing in the blackness. He has bruises around his wrists.

Another has gray skin, sharp razor like teeth. His eye's sockets are empty and dripping some kind of black liquid. His hair was a nice caramel color that complements his skin well.

The final was the most normal of them all. His irises were a striking black color. He has an orange jacket and straight brown hair. I blink, rubbing my eyes.

"Is he okay?" The one with the blonde hair asks. Jeff nods, pointing to me. I halt them, taking off the rest of my surgical gear.

"He is perfectly fine and should recover in the next few days. I need to check on him. Stay here. None of you move." I order, walking back.

I walk into the room with the new patient. The dog is as far away from Ashley as possible, growling at her. She looks at me with pleading eyes.

"Go check on the back room and check on the newborns. Feed and clean them." I order. She nods, saluting.

She runs out. I quickly close the door, bending down. I sit on the floor, crossing my legs. I look at the pup.

He has red and black fur covering his body. The thing that catches my eyes are his human like smile. I shake my head, chuckling.

"You must be Smile. I'm (Y/N), it's nice to meet you. Your owner is okay and you will be too. I'm not going to hurt you. Stay there as long as you need."