Chapter Three: Everything Changes

References: 1

Enyo is standing on a table. I look at her, closing the door behind me.

"What are you doing?" I ask. She sits down on the table. I hang my bag on the hook with my coat. I take off my shoes.

"I live here you know. I can sit where ever I want." She explains, puffing out her cheeks. I pick up a cup and a piece of paper, walking over to her.

"Where's the spider?" I ask. She sighs.

"It's under the table. Please get it for me." She begs.

I smirk, bending down. A small black spider sits under the table. I quickly put the cup over it, trapping it. I slide the piece of paper under the cup, trapping the spider as I lift the paper.

I walk over to back door, throwing the spider out. I look up over at the woods far in the distance. I see another blur of black and white.

I'm just seeing things.

I walk up to my room. Enyo thanks me. I smile lazily at her.

~

A scream tears through the air, waking me up. Giggling is followed by the scream. I stand up, picking up a pair of scissors out of my medical kit. I silently open my door, looking around. I walk down my hallway, before stopping in front of my parents' bedroom door. Enyo is straddling mom's stomach, holding a knife over her. Dad lays dead on the ground. His Halo now horns. I sigh heavily.

I freeze in the doorway, closing the door. My mind and eyes go blank as I drop the scissors.

Enyo ignores the noise. She stabs the bloodied knife down into my mother's chest. She screams as Enyo slams the knife down repeatedly.

I smile a little, some of the blood reaching my face. I walk over to Enyo, stopping her. I grab her wrist, my head down. She looks over at me.

"Sissy?" She asks. I lift my head, looking over at her. She drops the knife. "Sissy, they want me to kill you..."

I smile gently, throwing the knife across the room. I pull her into a hug. I hear sirens in the distance. She cries into my shoulder. I pick her up, wrapping her legs around my waist.

I quickly grab my emergency backpack. I run some gasoline around the house, lighting a match. I drop the match, running out the back door. I use the darkness as a cover.

Enyo whines on my shoulder. I smile, soothing her as I walk into the forest. I go a little further into the forest, finding a well hidden clearing.

I set my now sleeping sister down, leaning her against a tree. I wrap her in a blanket, watching her sleep. I pull my sweater tighter around myself.

Her clothes are covered in blood. I sigh, looking at her.

"Who are they, Enyo?" I ask her sleeping form. "I wish I knew."

She still has no signature showing where she belongs. I watch her sleep. I quickly light a match, holding it up to my watch.

6:00 a.m.

I look over Enyo, searching for her phone. It's in her pocket. I quickly open the back and pull out the battery. I throw the phone in the bushes. I grab my phone and my driver's license. I pull out my battery, throwing it into the bushes. I throw my driver's license, too.

I yawn, trying to stay awake. I fail, slowly nodding off.

~??? POV

She finally fell asleep.

I walk over to her and her sister, picking them up. I teleport to the mansion, putting the girls in separate rooms. I lock both doors.

Now, to have Masky and Hoodie watch them.

~Back to normal POV

I wake up in an unfamiliar setting. I choose not to move. I look around the room. The walls are light gray and the carpet is a pale red. I keep my breaths shallow, my eyes darting around.

I sit up, a sudden wave a nausea over coming me. I empty my guts into a nearby waste basket. I wipe my teary eyes, looking around the room more clearer.

A figure stands in the corner. No Halo or horns. I clear my throat, standing up. The figure seems to move to guard so I sit back down.

A thought crosses my mind. I clench my fists.

"Where's Enyo?" I ask through my clenched teeth. The figure stays quiet, watching me. "I asked you a question."

The figure still doesn't respond. My eyes narrow and I start to think about a plan.

The door is mostly likely locked. There is a window behind me, but if they have Enyo...

Next thing I know, I hear a very familiar scream. My eyes widen. I quickly run at the person, throwing the blanket at them. I run over to door, unlocking it and running out.

I stop at the room nearby, throwing the door open. I spot Enyo rocking back and forth on the floor. I run over to her, pulling into my embrace.

She has a knife. I take a few deep breaths. I position myself behind her, leaving her to sit in my lap. She breaths heavily, crying. She clutches the knife tighter.

I sigh heavily, knowing what she is, finally. She's one of those things Grandpa told me about. The Middle.

I take a deep breath, holding her tightly as she starts to harm herself. She carves three slits into one of her cheeks. In the other, she carves tears in under eye.

Tears, blood and sweat mix on her face. I sigh heavily, the burden on my shoulders becoming even heavier.

Soon, she passes out from the pain. I gently rest my hand on her forehead. Her tears stop and she relaxes back into my chest. I rock her back and forth.

I space out, staring at the unfamiliar wall.

I'm not mad at her. She killed my parents and I don't really... care. All I care about is her. Now that I realize it, I raised her more than my mother or father did. They were always at work. Poor thing...

I look down at her, continuing to rock. I have no idea how long we were there but finally I heard a throat clear.

I look over, not wanting to move. A tall slender man is standing over me. A few other people are in the room. My dull lifeless eyes stare at his blank face.

None of them have Halos or horns.

"The Middle..." I whisper. The man looks at me with an almost confused expression.

"Where did you learn that term?" He asks. His voice seems to echo.

"My grandfather. The people with strange faces... No horns or halos..." I explain. He nods.

"Then, you know she is one of us?" He asks. I nod.

"I've... known for a while but... denial is a strong thing." I explain. He nods.

"What are you?" He asks. I smile half heartedly...

"I'm a...."