Chapter Two: Filler

"You must be Smile. I'm (Y/N), it's nice to meet you. Your owner is okay and you will be too. I'm not going to hurt you. Stay there as long as you need." I tell him.

Slowly, he starts to inch towards me. Next thing I know, I am pinned down by the big dog. He attacks my face with kisses. I laugh, gently pushing him off.

I pick him up. He wags his tail excitedly, looking at me. I walk back into the main room. Ashley is in there, looking at the pages. She quietly looks through the pages. She looks up at the men, who are now sitting.

I look over at the clock, then back at Ashley.

"Hey, Ash?" I call. She looks over at me.

"These are some friends of mine. They will be leaving soon. Can I close for you, if you don't mind? I mean, I'm sure Jake is waiting for you." I ask. She smiles widely at me.

"Thank you so much, (Y/N)!" She yells, before pulling on her jacket. She smiles at me before running off.

I set the happy red and black pup on the ground before walking over to the door. I lock it before sliding down the wall. I drop the blinds on the window.

"Explain." I order the men. They look me over, confused. I narrow my eyes at them. I point at each individual as I speak of their unique appearances. "Eyes, blood, black stuff, and finally, smile."

"You... can see it?" The blonde asks. I nod gently.

"I can see a lot of things." I explain. They look at me, confused. I close my eyes, taking a deep breath. "You know what, nevermind."

I throw them all out of the building, quickly closing the shop. I lock the front door behind them. I clean up the shop, making sure all the animals were well fed.

I walk out the back door, locking it behind me. I walk back to my house, sighing heavily. I get a call from Ashley.

"I can't believe you. Dr. Matt is going to yell at you." She scolds.

"I know but, if I didn't do that. The pup would be dead. What color was the pup again?" I ask. She sighs.

"The pup was a black and white husky." She explains. I sigh heavily.

"Okay, I am almost home. Goodnight." I explain.

~

I wake up, doing my routine. Though, I feel like I'm being watched. When I go outside to do my cardio, I keep looking over my shoulder. I do two more laps than I did yesterday. I lay in my yard, gasping for air.

I cough a few times, dying a little inside. I groan, heavily breathing. I wipe some sweat away with a towel, standing up. My chest heaves as I walk into the house.

I wake up Enyo, waiting for her to get ready. She growls, opening her door. I smile, linking arms with her.

"Time to run!" I whisper shout. She groans again.

"I hate you." She growls.

"I love you, too." I explain. She rolls her eyes.

"Ready?" I ask, lining up. She smirks, nodding.

"Yep." She answers. I take a deep breath. She yells for us to start. She flies past me. I take a deep breath, keeping her pace.

She tries to run ahead but can't get herself to go faster. I just chuckle, staying with her. She runs about thirty seven before she is about out of breath.

"(Y/N)..." She whines. I smirk.

"Come on! You know the drill." I explain. She groans, running to catch up with me. I smile widely at her, not even close to losing my breath.

She starts to heave heavily. I smile at her.

"One more lap!" I call. She smiles, sprinting it. I smile at her. She flops into the lawn and I start doing push ups beside her.

"How...?" She asks. I smile, laughing. I do forty push ups then drop. "Why did you stop? You weren't tired."

"I don't need to do any more. I did the other ones in the weight room." I explain. She nods. She stands up, pulling inside.

"I'm hungry... Make me breakfast." She orders. I roll my eyes, bowing.

"Of course, princess." I mock in a fake accent. She laughs, pouting. I feel as if someone's watching me again. I look out the window.

I could have sworn, I'd seen a flash of black and white. I rub my eyes, moving into the kitchen.

~

"Ms. (L/N)?" A voice calls. I look to the front. My teacher looks at me. Her horns are dim on her head.

"Yes?" I ask. She narrows her eyes at me.

"Where is the carotid artery?" She asks. I smirk, leaning back.

"Trick question. There are two and they are located on both sides of the neck." I explain. She looks at me, a little shocked. I smirk. "Elementary."

"I see." She hums.

~

I hear a scream come from my house. My eyes widen. I quickly pound down the street. I throw the front door open...