-7-

~~••~~

She was just like a baby. She could hear everything and everyone but she never got their words.

They seemed to be talking too fast for her. By the time she would understand it used to be too late and the opposite person is already saying something else.

Her name: Chung Hei. Rings a bell?

When she was born. She was perfectly fine. Nothing was wrong with her....
She was just like any other girl in the planet but suddenly.

The girl was labbeled as mental by her own mother. Just because she would do weird things which normal kids at her age won't do.

They thought of her as a burden on the family. And later came to a conclusion that the girl would be a laughing matter for everyone when she grows up.

And that no one would marry her at all. According to them this would all make the name 'Chung' look bad. Their reputation in the buisness industry would get bad.

All if these things above were judged for this girl when she was just a little child herself.

Who was new to this world and only needed and asked for love.

But to her bad luck all Hei got was pain. 
....

It was someone's birthday that day. The whole Chung family was invited.

Everyone was dressed so beautifully and so was the two daughters of the Chung family.

Everyone was enjoying their night when suddenly. Just before the cake cutting ceremony Hei was taken away from the mansion.

Her small form was shaking as she was left at the street of Seoul. Not caring how dangerous it can be.

It was a coincidence or god's will that exactly at that day. Ms Lee was also coming back after a ceremony.

When suddenly the driver of the car pushed the break paddle.

That is how Ms Lee found her little angel. A reason to live.

Later that night when Hei was brought into a totally different place, no one in the household was happy.

But as the time passed everyone accepted Hei in Lee family expect one person and that being Mrs Jieun Lee.

She thought of Hei as a threat. She hated her because Hei would always receive more love from everyone because of her innocence.

This is what the lady hated.

It was Sunday that day and Hei was only 13. No one was at home because Mr and Ms Lee were in the buisness trip.

Leaving the one and only Jieun alone at the house with the younger girl.

Hei was playing with her toys when she suddenly heard her rooms door getting locked.

Sensing someone behind her the girl turned only to find Mrs Lee.

Hei smiled softly as she showed her toys to the lady who only scoffed. Jieun took in her position as she held onto the girls hair tightly.

Hei whimpered in pain as her warm tears slowly slid against her cheek. She tried getting the hands off but there was no use. Nothing worked since she was just a child and had no force.

"You bitch!!!  Thinking of taking my daughters place?!!" the lady slapped her so hard. The impact made Hei land straight on the floor with her face down.

Just then the door opened again as another voice was heard. This time it was different.

"Is she the one?" the strange manly voice spoke coldly as he eyed the girl on the floor.

"Yes. But you know the deal we are only scaring her to the point she becomes like a mental person. With no emotions or feelings." the guy nodded as he harshly picked the crying Hei from the floor.

His eyes scanned the girl for a while as he threw her on the bed with force.

"Granny!!! "

Hei yelled. Thinking someone will come but no one seemed to hear her.  She felt so lonely. Even the sun was hidden behind the clouds that day.

Her teary eyes closed as she felt some kicks on her stomach with some hard punches.

••

That was the last time she ever smiled fully or remembered how it feels like to be loved.

Because after that day. Nothing seemed to make her cry. Strangers and new situation became her new fears. 

Slowly day by day. Jieun would come up at night and would scare Hei just so that the girl will remain the way she is now.

And that's what has been happening since that day.

Hei was kept away from the outside world which made her not be aware of the things people at her age do.

Even the make up and dressing up. She never understood what it was or why they do it.

That night was the night which began all this.

~~••~~

TBC