Aaaannnd... Another one

Think I was dead? Nah, not as much as some others... Hey! Whatever. Just continue reading the story to find out what happens next! (I love my Prophecy)

We mourned. We cried. We couldn't think. Another important life has been taken away from me, from us. And it had been so little time.

However, Hazel was worse. She sat isolated from us, rocking backwards and forwards and mumbling things under her breath. I think I heard the word 'Sammy' various times as well as 'Frank'. At least I can say that she didn't refuse to eat, as there was none to eat. It was heart wrenching. Our eyes were bloodshot and we were tremendously pale, as well as skinny until the point that we could see each others cheek bone.

I didn't know how much time we have been there. I didn't know if we were going somewhere at all. Heck, maybe this was a trap from which we couldn't escape! Maybe we were destined to die like this; guilty, worthless, weak and incapacitated to save our lives. Well, I was the worthless person. The weak one. The guilty one. And I couldn't save my friends lives. Nor my own.

"We've got to be hopeful." Annabeth said. It hurt me in the inside to hear such a cracked and sore voice, but she was right. I frowned, and stood up.

"She's right. If we stay here any longer we'll eventually die crying and not fighting." I acknowledged. They all looked at me.

"We're only five, and we don't know what the hell is happening!" Jason hissed, "How on Olympus are we going to get out of this alive?!"

"Being together and hopeful." Piper responded.

"How?!" This time Jason stood up. He was radiating madness.

"By love." Love's daughter simply replied.

"How?! HOW CAN THERE BE LOVE IN THIS WORLD?! WHEN WE LOVE SOMETHING, WE LOOSE IT!!! I'VE LOST FRANK! WE'VE LOST LEO! I'VE LOST SAMMY! YOU'VE ALL LOST SOMEONE ELSE! A PARENT! A FRIEND! LOVE IS USELESS!!! USELESS!" Hazel yelled. She had stomped her way to us, whilst screaming all of that.

"Shush, it's gonna be alright, Hazel!" Annabeth remarked. She tried calming her, but needed Piper to help. But they got her relaxed soon enough.

"We've got to keep on walking." I stated, "The Prophecy says that we shall walk on to someone who's got a new form, it clearly says that not all of us will make it. We are destined to go through a lot of pain and find true love, whatever that means. We are demigods! The world's most powerful ones too! We are heroes, for Hades' love! We were born to fight! To fall but then get up again!" I said. I was really good at speeches, I thought.

None of us said a word. Instead, they all nodded and slowly walked on. I grabbed Riptide, which was always uncapped to see. We continued walking, and walking.

Walking endlessly.

Walking no where.

Probably walking to our deaths.

When we reached what seemed like a cliff, we started climbing. My joints ached and I was a little lightheaded. We reached the top, and found a surprise.

Alcyoneus, one of the twelve giants born from Gaia and the blood of Uranus, was sat crossed-legged a few meters from the cliff.

"You have arrived!" He exclaimed, "I was thinking about looking for you, but Boss said no!"

"Who is your 'boss'?" I asked. By now, Hazel, Jason, Piper and Annabeth had gotten out their weapons, too.

"It means that you won't see the daylight again, of course!" He cackled madly. That wasn't good news for us. He got up, and took his iron staff, as big as a totem pole. He was 50 feet tall and had red hair. Like when we met him in the Prophecy of Seven. He attacked us with impressive speed, his staff swinging around wildly to knock us off. We dodged his first attack, coming from the right. Hazel lunged at him on his calf, making him roar. Alcyoneus then proceeded to stamp his feet on us, but we escaped from being dead squeezed. We all surrounded him, and Piper attacked at his left foot, whilst I tried to cut his chest. Annabeth made little bruises along his right leg and Jason stabbed him in the eye. I was about to kill him when he suddenly swatted his hand towards me. I screamed and tried to get out of the way. When I was sure I wouldn't make it, Hazel pushed me further and took the blast. Jason managed to kill him.

Once I regained my breath, I ran towards Hazel, who laid way too still and quiet for my liking. I checked for pulse... There was a weak pulse, but there was one. Maybe she'd get through. The rest hurried around her, and searched our pockets for any emergency ambrosia. I was getting nervous; we had none and she was fading away. We called for help. I held Hazel's head and checked once more if she was alive.

No pulse.

She was dead.

Did you know that 'alcyoneus' means mighty ass? Sorry, I really had to put that. I love the name. Like how I break people's hearts? I do. Hehe.

The best food in the world,

BLUEEEpancakes