Aizawa sees Lillian's hair do the thing

Wow I'm a title master look at me go

Third person pov

The day was going as normal as one might expect. Yes, Kaminari had accidentally blown out a few lights again, and yes, Hagakure had scared a few of her classmates without meaning to. It was something he was relatively used to, all things considered. Bakugo had scorched another desk and Midoriya had broken a window, but things like this were normal for Class 1-A and its students. Being a teacher, Aizawa adjusted fast to them and already knew what to expect all things considered.

One person he hadn't had any quirk issues with was Lillian. She'd had some moments with her anxiety, but so far she hadn't gotten upset and frozen anyone by mistake, or anything of that sort. She was the student everyone dreamed of having. She sat in the back, was quiet, did her work, and didn't bother anyone else. She would be tied with Koda if not for the fact that the boy attracted every insect, reptile, amphibian, mammal, avian creature anywhere near UA. Having a birds periodically slam into the windows throughout the day bumped him down quite a few notches from her, even if he didn't mean it. 

Lillian's quirk wasn't destructive. She didn't accidentally melt the floor with acid and fall into the classroom below, nor did she have a laser that would go off at times and shoot out a light. She was smart, rational, and polite. It only made Aizawa like her even more. Every time he looked up and spotted her doing what she was supposed to amongst the 1-A chaos, he got the undeniable urge to look up more on adoption and how to go through with it.

Today was a little different. The lesson had finished early, so Aizawa had told them they had the last fifteen minutes of class as free time. They would have ended up causing more of a ruckus if he'd simply told them to sit tight and keep quiet. He didn't see the point in them trying (and failing) to whisper to one another and ending up screaming, so he went ahead and enabled them right from the beginning. 

Lillian was often times seen chatting with Uraraka and Iida during times like these. They were near her, so it made sense. Todoroki had also recently joined in on the chatter, as had Midoriya who finally got the courage to dart across the room to be closer to them. It's not like Aizawa had ever prohibited it. The freckled boy had just been too unsure of himself to ever ask permission, but the Sports Festival seemed to have granted him the confidence he needed to rush over.

She also seemed a lot more open. He was glad she wasn't limiting herself to those two... well, he couldn't quite call Shinso and Monoma idiots. Not anymore, anyway. They just weren't the type of friends he'd expected Lillian to really have, that's all. Midoriya, Iida, and Uraraka were all responsible and nice. Todoroki was a little sassy, but who wasn't these days, right? It was better than those two teenage boys and their internet toxicity. 

Today was a little different. They were oddly silent, peering down at Ochako's phone. Faintly he thought he could hear something that sounded like an interview, though he couldn't be sure of who it was. He was a tad bit curious as they hissed at each other every once and a while only to be shushed by the others. Todoroki was oddly rigid, his shoulders hunched and hands clasped together, propped under his chin in a manner that seemed almost grim.

Aizawa continued to shoot glances at them as he graded papers and sipped at his coffee. He barely had to glance at Midoriya's to know the boy scored perfectly, as per usual. The kid's a super genius of some sort You'd think his quirk was something mind related if not for the whole strength-enhancement thing. Not that it really matters. The kid's smart, end of story. 

"What?!" A voice suddenly shrieked, drawing his attention. He almost hadn't recognized it, but he knows it came from Lillian when he sees her standing with her hands braced against her desk, eyes wide and angry. Everyone falls silent as they turn to look at her. "The fuck is that supposed to mean?!"