A Very Chad Christmas

Merry Christmas, you guys! I apologize for the lack of updates. Finals week hit me, and then two of my siblings flew in for the holidays. I rarely get to see them since we moved, so it's been nice. I hope you're all having an awesome Christmas. If you don't celebrate Christmas, then an awesome holiday! If you got any cool presents, comment the favorite one that you got below. I'm genuinely curious. I got a pair of rad boots that're popping. They're definitely my favorite.

Updates should be picking up soon! Feral and Sorry are first on my list, guys, don't worry <3

Third person pov

Truth be told, Chad has never been all that into Christmas. His family was far from religious. Though he and his brother, Brad, would exchange gifts, there was never a big thing with a decorated tree and a radio that blared holiday tunes. That had simply never been their way of life, which was something he was okay with. It's not like he'd ever been particularly sad about it. He got a couple weeks off school and they sold colorful cookies that tasted like chemicals but were as addictive as crack at the store. All in all, it had always seemed like a win to him. Sleep in, bundle up by the fire, throw snowballs at his brother as he dipped and dived through the air. A grand old time.

Only now, things were notably different. He was sort of in an unspoken relationship with Touya Todoroki, or Dabi as he preferred. He had a child-- two, if you counted Vlad. He also had the meme squad of children, and had made more friends than he knew what to do with. His family had grown by a tenfold, leaving him wondering what in hot hell he was supposed to do. Was there a step-by-step to this sort of thing? Did they need a tree? He didn't think Eri really knew what Christmas was, but he wanted that to change. Though the blonde Uber Eats driver had never really experienced the holiday in its full glory, that didn't mean Eri shouldn't get to. Plus, Santa! Lillian had already convinced the little girl that good ol' Saint Nick was real. If he didn't deliver, everyone was absolutely fucked.

"So, how do we go about this? What's the plan of action?" Chad asked, frowning. It was late, and Eri and Vlad were both asleep in their shared bedroom. Vlad liked to curl around the girl as she slept, like he was some sort of over-sized dog. Chad thought it was adorable, but Dabi always shuddered a little at the sight. Chad couldn't fathom why! It was cute! "Do we need a reindeer?"

"How the hell should I know?" Dabi scoffed, leaning back and crossing his arms over his chest. "It's not like I ever got to go through the whole Christmas treatment either." 

"Well that's not very groovy of you." Chad grumbled, more to himself than to Dabi. The scarred man rolled his eyes anyway. The blonde easily ignored him. Instead, he pulled out his phone and began to type away. Dabi frowned at the ceiling. He wanted Eri to have a good first-Christmas too. It's not like the Yakuza ever let her celebrate it, and they were pretty sure she didn't remember enough of her life before that. And if she did, it wasn't much. Maybe just a few glimpses of the past. A lot of her trauma afterwards had drowned out the good and warmth that she'd experienced before.

Dabi had never gotten to experience any sort of celebration in relation to Christmas-- or any other holiday, for that matter. Not for a long time, anyway. All his memories of it were vague and not all there. He was pretty sure, early on, they'd done something. Maybe when he was younger and things weren't as serious at home. He didn't know, and he almost didn't care. Why'd he have to go and get himself attached to these numbskulls, anyway? Now he was trapped!

Dabi glanced at Chad's phone when he heard the man stop typing. He almost looked away, but quickly did a double take. He bit back a groan.

"You've got to be shitting me." Dabi griped, leaning forward and glaring at the phone. "5 Ways to Celebrate Christmas on WikiHow?"