Flower Shop AU

For Existential_CrisisTM! I hope you enjoy! I know I'm behind on One Shot's hahdiahldskf please have mercy on me. I'm getting around to them I swear. Senioritis is eating away at what's left of my soul-

Third person pov

Everyday on his way back from UA high school, Katsuki passes the same place on the way to his neighborhood. It's not a noteworthy place by any means. It's tucked away between a cafe and a  sign-printing shop that looks on the verge of closing. the only reason it caught his attention in particular was due to the large bay window in the front that showcased the multitude of vibrant flowers on the inside. It's not that he was particularly fond of plants or anything of that sort. There was just... so much life. It wasn't a very popular part of town. Most buildings were run down, but this one...

The first few times he walked by, he spared only a passing glance. Everyday there seemed to be new flowers around and about, hanging from the ceiling, sprouting from boxes on the walls, springing out from pots littering the ground. It was cluttered in a manner nearly welcoming. It was like a small greenhouse. Looking through that bay window was like looking into a whole other world. And after a week of passing by, he spotted something that only made the place seem more ethereal.

There was a girl sitting on her knees in front of one of the planter boxes pushed against a wall. She looked to be around his age, with big, round blue eyes that seemed almost unnatural in their vividness, and long, black hair that was pulled up into a ponytail that seemed to be falling apart. Freckles were sprinkled across the bridge of her nose, delicate and precise. Her features were soft, with rounded cheekbones and lips that were set just right. She had a smudge of dirt on her cheek as she focused intently on her work, not seeming to notice the blonde boy gawking at her outside. 

Bakugo had realized he was staring and spun on his heel, marching off in a pissed off manner despite being far from angry. He felt... floored, if he was being completely honest with himself. He hadn't really ever had crushes in the past. Back then, he'd been more focused on his goal to become Number One. Now that he was in UA, a number of things had occurred to him. Between the USJ attack and the fact that he was no longer the strongest kid in class, he'd been forced to re-prioritize. Was life really about just being the best? Was there more to it? He felt... less cocky now and less full of himself. He was more contemplative, if nothing else.

He kept passing by that shop. He peered deeper in, and realized the girl was often times behind the counter. Sometimes she was trimming small bonsai trees or grooming a bouquet. Other times, there'd be a customer there. He'd watch her enthusiastically rush around, taking various flowers from buckets perched on the wall and forming them into meaningful bundles that would make the customer smile wide and nod thankfully at her. He didn't know who she was, but he found himself quickly enraptured.

It became a daily routine to pass by, his hands stuffed in his pockets and his posture slouched. He'd always slow down as he got closer, observing the shop sign over the door. It was wooden, with green curling letters that spelled out the name "Lillian" as the name of the shop. Was that the girl's name? Her mother's? He wanted to know, but didn't want to go in. He felt oddly nervous. It irritated him. Why was he feeling so self conscious? 

Contrary to Bakugo Katsuki's belief, he had been noticed by the girl. Lillian Aizawa had always loved flowers. When she was a baby, she was dropped off at her father's front doorstep and left there. He raised her on his own, juggling hero work. It became apparent early on that she had an affinity for growing plants. She loved them. The language of the flowers was astounding to her. When she was only nine years old, they moved from her father's old apartment to the one above this shop. Instead of studying at a traditional high school, she was instead doing classes on the side, orchestrated by Nezu from UA. She had plans to become a hero, even with her love of flowers. Her father was an amazing man-- with a quirk like hers, she could save people too.